cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattg4321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport/Chromecast Poor Quality

After not bothering with BT Sport for last season as my ADSL speeds were poor I recently upgraded to Infinity 2 and a Home Hub 5. I'm now getting over 70mb download speeds.

BT Sport picture is still absolute rubbish. How this can be branded 'HD' is incredible. It's like I've gone back in time to 1989. Artifacts, shadowing, pixellating and skipping frames on both Chromecast and viewing on my MacBook Pro. Do people just put up with this? 

Theres absolutely no comparison with the picture I would get from BBC iPlayer. To be honest it's pretty much unwatchable.

Not sure what the problem can be if my download speeds are good and its happening on two devices?

Any help would be great. Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
OldCoolTrendy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport/Chromecast Poor Quality

I'm getting absolutely stunning HD picture streaming from Chromecast but my feed keeps dropping out and I have to reload the feed from my phone/ tablet.  I shall look for other posts on this issue or set up a new topic myself. 

Remember it's the Chromecast that does the heavy lifting not the phone/ tablet.  Could it be the chromecast is not getting a strong enough signal from your router.  Just a thought. 

0 Ratings
mattg4321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Chromecast is around 300mm from my HH5. TV it is plugged into works fine over Wifi so I very much doubt that is the issue.

My feed never drops out or buffers, I'm just seriously disappointed with the picture quality. It's easily worse than any channel (SD/HD) I get through my Humax freesat box.

Maybe I'm expecting too much. Is everyone with BT Sport receiving a picture below the quality of say Channel 5 in standard definition. (Which is pretty poor itself!)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
OldCoolTrendy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

As i've said above I get absolutely stunning HD picture quality but the feed drops so have to hit play again on the phone/ tablet.  Yesterday I rebooted the Chromecast from within the Chromecast app and watched tennis all afternoon to test it and it seemed to work brilliantly.  Not one drop out! Try rebooting the Chromecast and see if it works for you.

Regards.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
mattg4321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I don't think its a chromecast issue. The picture is poor on my Macbook Pro too. It doesn't seem any better than when I had 2/3 meg a second download speeds on ADSL.

0 Ratings