Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twitchboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT Sport Confusion?

Go to solution

I am getting rather confused and I was hoping for some clarification.

I want BT Sport when it starts in August. I understand that to get this I must sign up for BT Broadband Infinity. That's fine, but I do not want either a phone package or a TV package. I am happy with the free calls at weekends included in the infinity package and all I want is BT sport. I do not want BT Vision essential package at an extra £5 a month or Unlimited package at an extra £12 a month. All I want is BT sport that comes 'free' with the BT infinity broadband package that I intend to order.

However, when I go to order online I am given the option of the BT Vision packages, which I decline. If I do not get one of these BT Vision packs, when August comes around how will I be able to watch BT Sport? Presumably I will need a box of some sort?

In order to get BT Sport for 'free', do I need to add a BT vision package to my BT infinity Broadband order?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sport Confusion?

Go to solution
Hi, if you want to watch BT Sports on your TV, then you need a TV package.

If you don't want a TV package then you need to watch BT Sports on line, on a PC, IPd etc
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. If you're content to stream it from the internet, all you will need to get BT Sport is a BT Broadband service (not necessarily Infinity) and a (free) MyBT online account. It will be possible to view the streamed content on a TV with a suitable connection to the computer.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
twitchboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Ah ok, I only want BT Sports channel because it has secured the rights for UFC. As the UFC usually takes place on the other side of the world and I can't stay up that late I must have a facility to record it overnight to watch it the next day. I understand that this would be rather difficult to do without a TV Box?

I have tried to order BT infinity with the BT Vision essential package but it says nothing about BT Sport to be included when it's available. Is this something that will happen automatically or do I have to specifically click a box somewhere to ensure that I will get BT sport when it's available?

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

As well as being available via broadband, BT Sport will be broadcast to BTTV customers on the encrypted Freeview channels 41 & 42 (currently used for Sky Sports); you would need a £10 viewing card for the BTTV box. So you don't need Infinity, though current advertising suggests that BT are trying to push it to new BTTV customers. If you're already a BT BB customer it would be worth calling the Options Team 0800 800 030 to see what they can do for you, otherwise Sales 0800 800 150 should be able to help.

As a rule I'd try to avoid ordering services online from BT, or anyone else for that matter. While it works OK if it works OK, if anything goes wrong it can be a devil of a job to get things back on track, as I and others have found to our distress.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
twitchboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Ok thanks again, so you're saying that a phone call to BT to order would be better?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Yes, that's what I'll be doing as soon as my Sky Sports is sorted. I'm on a monthly contract at present and have already been told by BT that I'll get a better deal if I sign up for a further period, even though I had called them about something else. I'm sure it will be more advantageous than ordering online; you can't barter with a website.

--
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
You don't need to sign up to BT Infinity to get BT Sports free. To save money, just sign up to BT Broadband. If you already have BT Broadband, then it is really free.
twitchboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Will BT Sport have an on demand service? So that I could perhaps just order BT Infinity and watch whatever overnight sport I have missed on playback?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

No. Even if there was you would need BTTV to access it.

--