cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT Sport - Error code IPC6023

Go to solution

Having issue getting all BT Sports channels through You View box. Done all the checks as advised via help and even run a new cable between router and you View box with no joy.

Spoken to BT three times now on last call I was advised there is a known issue and currently waiting time is 7 days.

Anyone else experiencing same issue at this time?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT Sport - Error code IPC6023

Go to solution

UPDATE - Unfortunately missed tech teams call. Followed instructions on voicemail, turned router off (which I’d already done numerous times), then had to reset You View box to factory setting which loses all your recorded programmes (annoying).

And guess what problem still exists 😡, why am I getting the feeling  this is going to drag on !!!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

IPC6023 is a well known network error, it means loss of Multicast packets (which BT TV relies on) and can be be due to a fault on your home network and outside your home.

Press the Help button on your YouView remote control and follow the diagnostics on there, if the problem persists (50/50 chance that it will) then both @DarrenW  & @Gemma_P  are familiar with this error

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks Les

Tried all the help advice, I even ran a new cable between router and You View box, but still getting same error. Guess I have to wait for BT to get back in touch with me.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

I don't think you'll have to wait that long.

I tagged DarrenW and Gemma_P in my last post, from what I've seen on this forum they're both pretty quick to respond and both seem to know their stuff.

Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
I share your frustration. I'll certainly not rush to reset to factory settings. Been trying to call BT but can't get through. So annoying when everything works fine one day then nothing the following.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@BobR6 

Reading your original post, I would hazard a guess that powering down your mini-disc for a minute or so will resolve your problem

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @OscarB33 and @BobR6 I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your BT Sport channels.

Do you have a full-fibre line? If you do can you try a reset on the Openreach Hub by following the steps on this link and let me know if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Neil

Yes that’s worked. Thank you very much.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @OscarB33 That's great, I'm glad it worked for you.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings