cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

BT Sport Football Fixtures, Calendar Subscription?

Hi.

I use the Calendar feature on Sky's website. They allow you to subscribe to a calendar which contains matches shown live on Sky Sports. You can even subscribe to different calendars for each League/sport. So, I have a calendar for the live Premier League matches on Sky Sports and another calendar for the live championship matches on Sky Sports. The calendars refresh automatically and are really useful.

Do BT offer a similar service? If not, I hope they will introduce this as it would be really simple for them to do and really helpful for subscribers to their channels. Surely, this would be great free advertising for their channels as it would be pushing reminders of the live coverage to their subscribers

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT Sport Football Fixtures, Calendar Subscription?

Currently our app has the "Schedule" section that shows what we have on for the next 3 months, and you can click individual events to add to your calendar.  We know this isn't the best though, so we already have work in progress that I think will satisfy your requirements in a slightly different way to how you've suggested.

I like your idea of a calendar subscription as well though - I'll see if it could be a potential "quick win".  Thanks for the suggestion @jim45 

jim45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Thanks Darren. Really appreciate your feedback and your consideration of the idea.

A calendar solution would be awesome as it would automatically update match details if schedules changed. Also, from a personal point of view, I can't use the BT Sports app as I pay Sky directly for my subscription.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 15

@jim45wrote:
Also, from a personal point of view, I can't use the BT Sports app as I pay Sky directly for my subscription.

BT Sport on the Sky platform from BT includes BT Sport app and online player access.
BT Sport on the Sky platform from Sky does not include BT Sport app and online player access.

0 Ratings
jim45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Thanks Richie.

You're correct. I pay Sky for my BT Sports subscription so can't use the BT apps. I can access BT Sport via Sky Go but this wouldn't help with this situation.

Hopefully as Darren suggested, BT may introduce a calendar feature. I think that would be great.

0 Ratings
jim45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Hi Darren

Now that BT have announced details of the first group of live Premier League matches to be shown on BT Sports, do you have any idea if creating a calendar subscription service would be possible? 

I don't think it would be too difficult to implement and it would mean subscribers would get reminders of BT Sports fixtures on their calendar which is obviously a positive.

Thanks again for your time and consideration of this idea.

Kind regards

James

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 15

This is my go to place for checking what football is on where

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-english-football-on-tv.html
jim45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

It's a great website gomezz. I use that one as well.

The benefit of a calendar subscription, if BT were to offer it, would be that you could subscribe to receive details of matches live on BT Sports direct to your calendar and it would update itself automatically. So when new matches are announced, or if dates of matches change, these changes would automatically happen on your calendar.

Also, you could have separate calendars for each League. So for example, one calendar for Premier League games live on BT Sports and another calendar for Uefa cup matches live on BT Sports.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 15

@gomezzwrote:
This is my go to place for checking what football is on where

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-english-football-on-tv.html

An invaluable resource. I've been using that site for quite some time now. I know it's not for everyone but I simply type out and print a list of the live football I wish to watch (or record to chase play) over a period of 3-4 weeks. It works for me 😁

0 Ratings
jim45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

@DarrenDev 

Hi Darren

Sorry to ask again, I am sure you are very busy.

Just wondering if you had an update on the possibility of offering calendar subscriptions for BT sport fixtures? 

My Sky fixtures are all in my calendar but I'm missing the BT fixtures. I know I could add them manually but that would be a pain and the calendar solution would ensure details are always up to date if any schedules changed.

Thanks again for your help.

James

0 Ratings