cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j-helpme
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport HD Channels - not set up

I have just switched from Sky (with BT Sport added) to BT Infinity, phone and BT TV Entertainment Plus with HD Extra bolt-on. Firstly the switch to Infinity did not go smoothly although 5 days later after a couple of phone calls, a morning waiting for a call-back which did not happen and an engineer’s visit (although they didn’t come to my house so I can only assume the engineer did something) by Monday evening the hub’s blue light was on.

I set up the YouView+ box on Monday night and everything seemed to be ok with the exception of the BT Sport HD channels (I have the SD channels).

During an online chat the next day I was advised that this was because my order was still open so a member of the Order Management Team would call me that evening at 5.30pm (I was at work so inconvenient to talk then).

After no promised phone call I did an online chat at 7pm, was called back and advised that the issue was the HD bolt-on had been cancelled from my original order. I disputed that as I have the other HD channels (Discovery, Eurosport etc) the issue is only with BT Sport HD. So I have been promised a call back today from yet another team between 8am and 8pm. I requested a direct number for this team as I have already had a couple of failed call-backs but apparently they are offline so you cannot call them. I am not holding my breath.

It has now been over the possible 24 hours wait and I have checked for software updates (yes I have been trawling through the forums to try and solve it). I have just read that some people moving from Sky have had similar issues and one person quoting that their BT Sport HD channels were locked into their Sky account.

Please can anyone give me a telephone number where I can get through to someone who will listen to the problem and help me?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
davgille7
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport HD Channels - not set up

This is an on-going issue with BT, that's been happening to thousands of customers for months now. It is advertised that you get BT sport HD free with the HD extra bolt on. BUT the problem that BT does not mention is that you have to add the BT sport HD (£4 per month) to your order to get it. Then when you get your bill it states BT sport HD £4 with a £4 discount to make it free. I don't know if you would be easier going online to mybt and ordering BT sport HD. Maybe someone else can confirm this rather than the hassle of phoning some foreign call centre who don't have a clue.
0 Ratings
j-helpme
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks davgille7.  Guess what?  As predicted no promised phone call yesterday.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

The ordering system is a bit of a mess, but the general rule of thumb seems to be to order BT Sports HD before adding the HD Bolt On.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
EgreBot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I realise this is an older problem, however when this happened with me I corrected this myself as I got fed up of waiting on BT to fix it.

I fixed it by going through the process of changing my bolt ons, I didn't actually change anything I just went through the whole process and checked out. Got my package confirmation email a few seconds later and the channels kicked in 🙂

This may help others in the future 🙂
0 Ratings