cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport HD on BT TV Pro box

Go to solution

I subscribe to BT Sport and, on my tablet or PC, I can get the sport channels in HD.  As part of my general BT subscription, I got sent a BT TV Pro box.  But the BT Sport HD channels on the box are inaccessible unless I pay an extra £6 per month for BT TV.

It makes no sense that, to get HD Sport on my telly, I have to plug in a tablet or PC, and I can't get it via the BT TV box (which I only got out of its packaging on the assumption it would be a quicker, easier way to watch BT Sport HD).

Is there something I'm misunderstanding / doing wrong?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport HD on BT TV Pro box

Go to solution

It sounds like you're subscribing to BT Sport on a monthly basis via the app. You need to stop that subscription and order it via BT TV. You'll still have app access but you will then be able to watch it via the BT TV box on the EPG 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

If you’re getting the BT Sport SD channels from 408 onwards on your tv then, yes, you do need to pay an extra £6 to get the HD channels from 430 onwards. By doing that you will also get channels 433 &465 which are 4K and 4K HDR respectively, so long as your speed is considered fast enough by BT to permit access. The app picture quality is up to HD quality on its own depending upon your speed and other factors, so if you’re satisfied with that you can cast it to your tv from your device.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

HI @Bellerophony 

BT TV has required an add on to view its  linear subscription channels in HD for several years. It is included within the VIP package but a separate charge on other packs.  Having the BT sport  channels as part of your BT TV subscription also gives you access to the BT Sport app which allows you to watch the streamed BT  Sport content on various devices and you are likely with a reasonable device and reliable connection to get very good quality. Your choice really as to whether you add HD or HD/4K addons to BT TV to get the linear  HD/4K TV channels .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the responses - I checked the alternate subscription option but looks like, as per the second two replies, there's no way around having to pay £6 a month

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If your TV doesn't have the BT Sport app in its own suite of apps you could consider adding another HDMI device like a Roku, Firestick, Chromecast that can run the app. Then you're only missing out on HD when you need to record.