cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport HD

Hi, I’m new to BT and the community so apologies if this is easily answered, but I can get sport 408, 408 etc but despite having the HD package, I cannot get 430 etc. The screen keeps telling me there is a problem with the broadband. I’ve reset the router as it suggests (and it’s connected via micro connector, rather than Ethernet cable due to distance from master socket). I’ve also done the usual reboot of the TV box. Can anyone provide any other suggestions? Thank you. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport HD

Hi @Ch6417, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry your HD channels aren't working. Can you test your broadband speed? The recommendation is that the HD channels need a minimum of 15Mb to work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi Neil, thanks for the reply. When I checked last night before posting, it was saying we were getting 20Mb into the hub. 17Mb now. So near-ish to 15, but still above.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

@Ch6471, no problem, that should be enough speed but it might be the mini connectors,  can you try resetting those to see if it helps?

1. Make sure the Mini Connector is plugged in and the power socket is switched on.
  2. Press + (Add) on the Mini Connector for more than 15 seconds to go back to its original settings.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi Neil, thanks for the reply. I’ve reset the connectors as per your suggestion but still having the same issue (IPC6023 message appears but I can see the non-HD channel. Retested speed and at 20Mb).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Ch6417,

Thanks for getting back. Are you able to test using an ethernet cable for comparison?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hi David, thanks for the reply. I’ve hooked it up to wired Ethernet cable and same issue and code. Other channels still working nicely. Thanks, Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Ch6417,

Thank you for posting back. Its a bit of a strange one that the other channels work but not the BT Sport HD. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to run a few tests on the line. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings