cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Sport IPC6023 error on 3rd party kit

Hello, recently signed up to BT TV and Broadband with the Sport package.

Originally set everything up as normally intended. Hub 2 to BT TV Pro and everything worked fine.

When I realised I could not change the Hub 2 into modem mode I purchased a Draytek Vigor 166 as a modem so that I could use my Linksys WRT3200ACM router.

I have set the modem and router up accordingly with the router connecting to the modem via IPv4, connection type PPPoE, username firstname.surname@btbroadband.com password bt.

The internet is working perfectly on all devices. On the BT TV Pro box I can access Iplayer etc etc, even on the sports channels I can press the red button and see the match stats but it just won't show the channel. I receive "There is a problem with this channel" and the code IPC6023.

Have checked the connection several times using different cables and performed factory resets but still receive the error.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Billy 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Sport IPC6023 error on 3rd party kit

@Confused-Billy 

The problem is to do with your new kit being unable to handle BT's method of transmitting programmes called Multicast.

The router needs to be able to support IGMP Snooping with some other settings and not all of them do. I can't see from the specs of your router whether it does or not.

The username used is typically bthomehub@btbroadband.com although anything@btbroadband.com is OK.

0 Ratings