cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport Mobile through EE - HDCP

Hey there, so last year you were able to connect your phone through HDMI to the TV and watch BT Sport that way on the big screen. 

They blocked that and you need to upgrade your subscription for that now, the mobile one with EE doesn't work. I was just wondering, could a HDCP stripper get around this block, and let me watch BT Sport on my TV again?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport Mobile through EE - HDCP

that is not a question you will get an answer on a BT Retail customer forum - how to circumvent BT Sport casting restrictions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

It's nothing to do with HDCP - the apps will prevent you from playing video if they detect that any secondary display is connected. To work around it, you'd need a custom version of the phone operating system that allowed picture to be sent to an external display without letting apps know that it was happening.

Once you've done that, you'll then be able to connect to your TV, however you'll only see the app itself - the streaming video would just be a black space. You'd then need to somehow crack the video encryption to allow it to render on an insecure surface.

Or you could pay for the large screen add on, and then spend a one-off £25-£30 for a device to connect to your TV to watch it on instead ... probably cheaper than the HDCP stripper you were thinking of buying.

https://shop.bt.com/category/electronics,tv-and-home-entertainment,media-players-and-streaming/11228
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the info. I suppose it won't work then so there's no point buying one. Someone just mentioned it to me, are HDCP removers quite frowned upon then? I know it's getting round the system it used to work before anyway

Also since I'm here, is fullscreen on the enhanced player coming at any point? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Full screen on the enhanced player has been available since day 1 - just turn your phone to landscape. If you've turned screen rotation off in your phone settings, you'll need to turn it back on to work.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Ah ok yes. Coincidentally today I had the first update on that story since I raised it over a year ago! It's dev complete, so should hopefully be released within the next few weeks.