cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 37

BT Sport Monthly Pass - Problems with purchasing

I have been trying for a long time now to buy the BT Sport monthly pass. 

I go to: https://www.bt.com/sport/buy/monthly-pass, and then follow the four steps, however it always fails at Step 4 where it says "Your card was declined, check the details". I have tried to purchase the monthly pass over the last couple of months, tried different computers, my laptop, my phone - tried different cards (VISA, Mastercard/Credit, Debit) - but no success, always the same result. There are funds in my accounts. I have phoned up my bank, and they say that the issue is not with the bank. I have spent over an hour on the phone to BT, but because the monthly pass is self-service, it seems that no-one knows what to do. 

I do not have BT broadband, nor do I have Sky TV or a BT phone line: but it is my understanding that I should be able to purchase the Monthly Pass and then stream BT Sport on my computer and through a Fire Stick. 

I've checked the posts on the BT Community forum - tried different formats for my address, and that didn't work. 

Can someone help me so I can watch the footy please?

Kind regards,

Adam

0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37

Re: BT Sport Monthly Pass - Problems with purchasing

Sorry to hear that @adamgrieve 

Whilst we are investigating issues with the monthly purchase process, I don't believe your issue will be connected.  I'll ask one of my colleagues to dig into why your card is being rejected.

Could you please send me a DM letting me know the email address you're using for the order, and an approximate time that you last tried.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 37

Hi - I am having the exact same issue right now also

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 37

Working for me now man
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 37

Just tried, but failed again. Happy for you though!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 37

@adamgrieve your case is a bit more complicated.  We're currently tracing your attempts through the various systems, but it needs approvals at each stage so may take a few days.

I've issued you with a temporary pass so that you can use BT Sport in the meantime - it may be in your junk email folder.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 37

Hello,

I am encountering the same issue. Any fix to this problem?

Want to watch the Champions League :')

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 37

Hi Darren 

Any luck in fixing this problem? I am still very keen to purchase the monthly pass - and would like to catch the Champions League this week if possible.

Thanks a lot for looking into this.

Adam

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 37

Sorry Adam, meant to message you before I left for holiday.
In order to track your transaction they need your visitor ID. You can get this from your cookies as follows:

Developer Tools -> Application -> cookies -> select www.bt.com -> get the value of vtmvisD
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 37

Hi Darren

Sorry to be a bit dumb, but I dont know what to do with that information. 

I thought that previously you could track my failed attempts anyway?

Is there still no way forward with simply going through the website and paying for the monthly pass? Why in my case is there a problem?

Thanks for sticking with me on this!

Adam