cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 37

Re: BT Sport Monthly Pass - Problems with purchasing

A quick google search shows that I am very far from being the second person with this issue. It's been going on for months if not years. As others have said on this very thread (e.g. @Robger's post ), putting the onus on the customer to sort this issue is  embarrassing for BT. And saying the payment team is busy is a cop-out. Again, I don't mean to rail against you @DarrenDev - you're at least trying to come up with a solution, more so against those at BT that don't seem too bothered by this problem. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 37

Other people have said the issue is now fixed for them - I need evidence of a CURRENT issue for them to investigate. They can't fully investigate every single user issue - there just isn't enough resource for that. As soon as the issue goes away, it becomes impossible to investigate.
I've added your name. That's all I can do.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 37

Hi Darren

Just to let you know, it is still an issue for me that I’d like resolved. I hope that by more people highlighting it, it will lead to a solution. Thanks so much for trying, it’s hugely appreciated.

Adam

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 37

Perhaps a silly question @DarrenDev , but is it possible to pay via bank transfer since the issue seems to stem from card transactions?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 37

@kingalingadinga @adamgrieve @tgrn157  (and anyone else specifically seeing payment declined):

Could I ask you all to please try again ASAP and make a note of the exact time. If it fails, please send me a DM with the BT ID you used, and the exact time it occurred - we should hopefully now be able to get enough detail from the logs.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 37

Further investigation has shown that we're rejecting cards that aren't issued in the UK or Ireland - part of the payment flow includes a request to the card provider to ask the issuing country. If that comes back as anything other than UK or Ireland, the purchase will fail.

This is by design, and cannot be changed. It doesn't matter if the card is now registered to a UK address - the process only cares about where it was originally issued.

If anyone is having issues with a payment card that was issued in the UK or Ireland, please let me know.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 37

Yes, I believe I am having this exact issue. Same situation as the others, payments always rejected. I am an American living in the UK, with a Wise debit card attached to my UK address but not sure where it is considered to have been issued. Any help? Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 37

Hi Darren,

I am a UK citizen, with a UK bank and issued card - so I do not think this is the issue for me.

Adam

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 37

Wise has been confirmed as one issuer who doesn't reply with UK when asked for the issuing country, I'm afraid. Which is weird, given they're a UK company.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 37

@adamgrieve now that we have the additional logging in place, it'd be great if you could try it again and let me know the email address and exact time.

0 Ratings