cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport Monthly Pass - The Athletic Subscription

Go to solution

When I signed up for the BT Sport Monthly Pass on Saturday (6th August '22), a 12 Month Subscription for The Athletic app was shown as being included.

Since signing up, I haven't received a link and can't find anything in "My BT" to allow me to activate this. I tried Live Chat, who gave me a number to call, and went through 2 separate departments who couldn't tell me how to activate this subscription, which is included in my package.

Can anyone direct me please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport Monthly Pass - The Athletic Subscription

Go to solution

Looking at

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/The-Athletic-Free-Subscription-with-BT-S...

the offer seems to have been  an offer active last year but ended during August 2021.

Not sure whether there is a new offer this year.

I would normally move your post to a different sub forum for more comment but there are some issue preventing me currently.

I have asked a question on last years thread (link above)  so hopefully we will get some clarification.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply

I have found 2 instances where this is advertised on the website.

Firstly, on the BT.com/Sport/Buy page, if you scroll to the Monthly Pass and press "what's included", it is shown at the bottom of the list. This is the page that I reviewed when I activated my subscription, and was part of the reason that I purchased the subscription.

Alternatively, this is also found at this link, where it is also advertised. https://www.bt.com/sport/buy/monthly-pass-modal

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JCollins17, welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts.

I'm sorry that you believed the Athletic subscription was included with the Monthly Pass. The advice given by @zulu17 is correct and this offer ended in August 2021.

I've highlighted the link you've provided so that the page can either be updated or removed.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply

This is frustrating, as it is being shown as a service within the subscription, but no one is able to assist with sorting this. 

When I purchased the monthly pass, it was shown as a service, and no expiry date was highlighted, so I don't understand why this cannot be fulfilled by BT?

I also cannot seem to find a customer services email address to get assistance. I tried Live Chat, but after 2 and a half hours, I was told they couldn't help me and they ended the chat.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@JohnC2 @zulu17 

Apologies, not sure if I need to mention you to see replies

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JCollins17, I can understand your disappointment and sorry that you got no help when you contacted us.

The offer isn't available so we won't be able to get this for you. I've sent you a Private Message and we'll be able to raise you complaint and see what we can do to resolve this for you.

Cheers

John  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks @JohnC2. I have just replied, so hopefully we can resolve

0 Ratings