cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Sport - Now TV

Go to solution

Hi, 

Will there be a minute delay when buying sky sport via Now Tv through BT?

when using Now TV there is a delay of roughly a minute till the picture comes on your stream. For example, if a goal is scored in a football game you can get a notification on your phone alerting you before the goal has been scored on your stream.  Will there be this delay or will I get the pictures on my screen quicker like normal tv pictures (this is usually a delay of roughly 7 seconds). 

sorry for the odd questions but the delay is very annoying if you have alerts on your phone or you enjoy betting on sport. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Sport - Now TV

Go to solution
Two suggestions
1) Turn off alerts;
2) Do not make a bet on the outcome of an event less than a minute in the future.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Sport - Now TV

Go to solution

@Basil1wrote:

Will there be a minute delay when buying sky sport via Now Tv through BT?

This question was addressed recently, see Delay in live sports  
The answer from DarrenDev is :

It's only a few seconds on the BT TV box (delivered over multicast) but internet streaming has a lot more processing to make it available to all devices at all broadband speeds.
How far a player is behind depends on the player, the platform, the implementation, and the distribution.

BT Sport is distributed in at least 10 different formats that I can think of off the top of my head - they each behave differently based on what the target hardware and software is capable of.