cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 33

BT Sport Online unwatchable

Very disappointed with this service. I don't have access to watch BT Sport on tv so rely on the online service. The picture quality is very good but it is so jerky and freezes every few seconds that it is completely unwatchable. The app on my phone works fine (on wifi) so it can be done, but the online player is rubbish. No other live streaming service is this bad. I sincerely hope BT are working on this or they're gonna lose lots of broadband customers as they're certainly not the cheapest option. They should also come out openly and tell us what's happening and what they're doing.
0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
ronin424
Contributor
Message 2 of 33

Re: BT Sport Online unwatchable

Your not alone, although i dont have a mobile I can watch anything on. Add to this that the stream is  god 3 to 4 minutes behind any other stream on the internet, including the illegal streams of BTSport and you know how little effort BT have put in to this part of the service..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

Trying to watch the Arsenal - Galatasaray game now and it's just hopeless. Literally every 10 seconds or so it's freezing/jerking. I thought BT were supposed to be one of the leaders in IT? This service is not fit for purpose.
0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 33

How are you connecting to your hub? BT insist you must connect via ethernet cable.

They dont recommend or support a wireless connection.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
dblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 33

Cheers Telboy62, I appreciate your input, BUT ... Firstly, it should work over wi-fi, Sky does without any problems. Secondly, yes, I've used ethernet - it made no difference. Frankly, It's the player where the fault lies - BT need to sort it.
0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 33

On another thread earlier, someone suggested clearing the cookies. There was a bit of positive feedback from some who tried that.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 33

The strange thing is dblue, it doesn't seem to be the same for everyone. I am in a non infinity area, i am using PLA's on the vision box and am connected wirelessly to the hub with my laptop, and all is working perfectly.

Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones, however, i DO live quite close to the exchange. Maybe thats why.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
dblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 33

Just tried the cookies thing - no difference. You may be right with what you say but surely BT need to make sure it works for ALL customers not just the lucky ones! Cheers anyway. I just hope BT care as much as many of the customers on this forum seem to.
0 Ratings
Words
Contributor
Message 9 of 33

Unwatchable here too. Err VC017 on Infinity watching through the web stream. It's been working fine up until today (so 3 days 😉 ) Tried clearing cookies etc. but no help.

0 Ratings
atlasapl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 33

Works ok for me too. On infinity and in windows 8. Works in both IE & Chrome.

Having to watch it online as it doesnt work on my Vision + box, which will come as no surprise to you all.

0 Ratings