cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evo4ever
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport Online very poor quality

I've been watching BT Sport via the website for a long time now but about 1 month ago the quality has gone asbsolutely terrible! The image is pixelated, It's that bad I cannot see the ball!! Why has it gone like this? The quality used to be crystal clear. I'm on a 70mbp/s fibre connection.

Can this be fixed???

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport Online very poor quality

If the device is connected wirelessly to your router then there may be something affecting your Wi-Fi speeds?
0 Ratings
evo4ever
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I'm connected via Ethernet. I've just tested it using Internet Explorer and it's fine! For some reason Chrome cannot stream BT Sport in high quality.

I sense this a "Microsoft doesn't like Google" issue. Silverlight and IE are Microsoft, however Chrome belongs to Google. Something fishy going on here??

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@evo4ever wrote:

I've just tested it using Internet Explorer and it's fine!

Good tip! My default browser is Firefox; no real problems with it but it often takes multiple attempts to open the video and picture quality is not great, as expected. I've been trialling Internet Explorer and find sufficient improvement on both counts to keep a shortcut to IE to use for BT Sport and Sky Go.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings