cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport Pack on Sky Differences

Hiya,

I currently have BT Sport on Sky, billed via BT. Can anyone tell me if there are any differences should I choose to cancel BT Sport directly and pay via Sky as it seems to be a lot cheaper at £25/month to pay Sky, vs the £35 I currently pay direct to BT.

Many Thanks!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport Pack on Sky Differences

Hi @Ashley-S   I changed over to paying Sky. The only difference is you will no longer be able to use the BT Sports App. With Sky you can only use the Sky Go App.  Note that the price on Sky goes up to £27/month from April 1st.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, I thought that might be the case! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

When you subscribe via BT you get BT Sport app access and the online player, I did hear you can get the BT Sport via Sky Go but not sure if that's chargeable.

If you're paying £35 then you must also have it in HD or have a 2nd box subscription.

Give the Loyalty team a call on 0800 800 150 and see what they can offer, explain Sky have offered you a deal and you're looking to see what offers they have, BT Sport is also cheaper when you have BT Broadband so there are options, decide what suits your needs and budget best.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @-Richie-   BT Sport on Sky Go is included in the subscription when you pay Sky. No extra charge.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the info.

Yes I have HD and the 2nd box subscription, otherwise I was unable to watch on my SkyQ mini box in my room. I think this is where Sky win, as they appear to offer multiroom and HD at no additional cost. I am unable to watch BT Sport channels on Sky Go and have never seen it as an option through BT, presumably because you use the app instead.

I will see if I can get through in the week, though considering they advise against using the phone, it seems strange that there are limited options to manage packages online. It looks like if I re-contract online, the quoted BT Sport price is £16.00, though it doesn't specify if my HD and second box configuration remain extra or not...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Ashley-S   Just to arm you with all the Sky facts. If you commit to 18 months contract then you get £3 discount so £22/month (£24/month from 1st April). It does indeed include HD and Multiscreen as standard. The full price is on a 30 day rolling contract so you could potentially save money during the off season.

0 Ratings