Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 17

BT Sport Price Changes no mention of HDR

Go to solution

Looking at the BT Sport and BT TV price increases for the BT Sport Content the notification/justification email doesn't seem to refer to HDR on BT Sport.

Is there any clarification as to whether HDR will be provided within the new increased pricing structure ?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Ajread29
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: BT Sport Price Changes no mention of HDR

Go to solution

I really am desperate to know this information too.

I pay for the 4k max package as i want a to pay for the best picture. With a sizeable price hike of £4 per month, now the addition of HDR as a bolt for £5 per month and all this considering I have to use my own hardware because the BT box can't even do HDR then I think this is a disgrace.

SUrely the HDR should come with the 4kmax package. Separating out picture quality is insane. Imagine charging extra per dobly surround or atmos or charging extra for a colour picture? The 4k max should include it all - especially givewn this price hike.

Somebody please provide some clarity?

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Ajread29 - if you pay for the current 4k channel then you will get HDR if you watch through our digital app (iOS, Android, Apple TV, Samsung smart TV, Playstation, Xbox, Chromecast Ultra).

As you say our current TV box doesn't support HDR unfortunately, although we are working on it..!

However, 4k HDR will come to our apps soon and that will be included in what you pay for at the moment with 4k.

BT Sport expertKitH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

@KitH- so can you just confirm that this device - Google Chromecast Ultra

Will provide BT Sport in HDR if connected to a 4K/HDR tv?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

That's right 🙂

To be clear - HDR isn't available yet but will be soon.

BT Sport expertKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Sport queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice and help, where I can, on BT Sport queries. Go here for more info.
ozsat
Expert
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

@KitH- super - but HDR will be there for the UEFA football?

Also, as an existing Sport 4K subscriber I don't have to pay further for the HDR?

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

@ozsat yes it should be launched by the time the Champions League group stages arrive! And no, if you are paying for 4k on your set top box then you won't need to pay extra for HDR on the app too.

BT Sport expertKitH
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

OK - I hit a problem so this product appears NOT to work in HDR for most television sets. So unlikely to work with BT Sport for me.

I have HDR working from several devices with no issue - bit the Chromecast Ultra will not work in HDR on my Panasonic tv.

Google have showsw the the Ultra doesn't actually seem to work in HDR on most makes of tv - and offer no help to customers to get it working.

Anybody gere actually got this device working - as I would like to get HDR up and running for BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

@KitHwrote:

Hi Ajread29 - if you pay for the current 4k channel then you will get HDR if you watch through our digital app (iOS, Android, Apple TV, Samsung smart TV, Playstation, Xbox, Chromecast Ultra).

As you say our current TV box doesn't support HDR unfortunately, although we are working on it..!

Hi @KitH when you say “although we are working on it” can we presume that this is a new box? If so when are we likely to see this launched?

It does seem incredibly strange that BT launch a new upgrade, which is most welcome, but that you rely on other manufacturers products to distribute it!

Stew

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @ozsat 

As far as I know HDR isn't yet available, although there was the 'trial' broadcast of the football on the 1st June. It worked on my Samsung TV although I thought that the 4k picture was better. I would expect that when launched, it's far better than that initial broadcast.

0 Ratings