cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 119

Re: BT Sport Rugby Episode Names

Having read this thread which seems to be stuck in a loop I would suggest the main reason subscribers are prepared to pay the amounts they do to watch live sports is for the unknown outcome of whatever sport they are watching. I am pretty sure that if all live sport was removed with the only option being to watch recorded either full or edited highlights with results given in advance the amount paid would reduce substantially.

Maybe you could politely remind the editorial team the main attraction of watching live sport is the unknown outcome and that is why you pay the huge amounts of money to secure the rights to show it, so why should repeat showings be treated any differently.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 119

The issue is I believe that new subscribers and  experienced subscribers who have seen the evolution of the product over the years do tend to come up with the same points- namely that the subscriber who wishes to watch an event at a later point in timer is in many cases unable to do so without being presented with a spoiler detailing the result.

That point had been made over and over again so as one of the purposes of the app is to provide the subscriber with the option to view past events to continually present the viewer with spoilers is disappointing. particularly as it has been raised so many times. Focusing on the live events and the News and  promoting highlights and the technological achievements of the coverage is  good - the app has come on leaps and bounds in trying times - those are also I suspect the main selling points for many new subscribers. The editorial decisions may be focussing on that element but whilst you want to attract new subscribers they do seem to have overlooked the impact of spoilers. If subscribers are being put off watching replay content due the spoilers then they will factor that into their decisions as to whether to continue or renew their subscriptions. It is not rocket science to provide spoiler free content

Looking at some other apps

If I look at Prime Video  today -  i see that for the Tennis coverage  I get presented with a list of recently ended  matches  - which give details of the tournament , the date and the players involved . I am then able to select the match i wish to watch without spoilers.

If I use the Eurosport Player then again I can select replays without spoilers.

If I use the BBC Sport app it has spoilers.

Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 33 of 119

Thanks for the summary @zulu17. Given that the app now has a spoiler free landing page option, does this not now offer what is being asked for? If you want to launch the app and watch something specific without spoilers, then does this not now give you that option? e.g. I open on the Spoiler free landing page, scroll down to "Football - latest", scroll across to the "Show all" button, and I scroll back through over a month of past football matches without seeing spoilers (although I have just spotted that there are a few spoilers in there - they're mistakes that I'll request be corrected).
If there are issues with it or gaps in the data then we can fix those. If there are improvements to that page (that don't involve changing the rest of the app) then we can consider them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 119

Hi @DarrenDev when i looked at the spoiler free landing page on Android and IOS (Ipad) apps   ( not yet on the Samsung TV)  it doesn't really assist me in my normal viewing. 

The reason being it is I believe a landing page when the app is opened - it isn't an alternative Home page.. Typical scenario 1 I would look to see what live sport was available  so to do that I would have to navigate to the Live tab from the Spoiler Free landing page , if there was no live programming that i want to watch  then  I don't believe there an option to navigate back to the spoiler free page to choose a previous  catchup programme. So I am exposed to spoilers  unless i exit the app and start it again.

Typical Scenario 2 would be opening the app (spoiler free page and then navigating to another page  watch a live stream ). At the conclusion of the live programme or if I decide i have watched enough then I want to switch to watching previous catchup - again the navigation to the Spoiler free page  isn't an option.

The Spoiler Free catchup really needs to be an integral part of the app not a form of work around

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 119

Re BBC Sports: A tip I learnt when following test cricket on catch up is to not use the app as that always displays the current score but instead use the BBC Sounds app which allows several hours chase play and does not display the current score (as I am doing now while mixing and matching following of the cricket and MotoGP).

(of course not always possible for any sports coverage that is online only)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 36 of 119

Thanks @zulu17. I had wanted to replace the Home tab with the spoiler free alternative, but then it wouldn't have been possible to navigate to the regular Home so it wasn't allowed. I thought we'd agreed that clicking the BT logo at the top would navigate to the chosen landing page but it doesn't. I'll get that added at least.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 119

@DarrenDev wrote

"I cannot emphasise enough that scores will NOT be removed from the main parts of the app any time soon - this is an editorial decision based on evidence through customer trials, feedback, and statistics."

I have been a BT Sport subscriber since it started and have never seen a poll or been asked to give feedback on this issue, has anyone else here?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 38 of 119

@coopermanwrote:

@DarrenDev wrote

"I cannot emphasise enough that scores will NOT be removed from the main parts of the app any time soon - this is an editorial decision based on evidence through customer trials, feedback, and statistics."

I have been a BT Sport subscriber since it started and have never seen a poll or been asked to give feedback on this issue, has anyone else here?

Me, no never. Perhaps it is the same feedback which theyused for the LBar on BT Sports 3 

”We do take on board your feedback, however the L bar is part of our overall broadcasting strategy and feedback has proved many customers do like it.“

No one could recall giving positive feedback either!

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 39 of 119

Woah! Lots of passionate discussion over the weekend on this 🙂 . Some clarifications from me and a couple of feedback conclusions so we can get something productive from it.

Clarifications:

- We are huge sports fans here at BT Sport and want to give the best experience possible to our app customers. Given they are used by literally millions of people it is hard to completely satisfy everyone - but we honestly do our best (evidenced by an incredibly busy developer answering questions on here over his weekend - even if not the most diplomatic of answers at times! 😉 )

- We added a spoiler solution recently which allows customers to watch the majority of content unhindered by spoilers - I think everyone can agree it's a step in the right direction. You can navigate back to the page by clicking Sports and scrolling on the top navigation to 'Spoiler free' or exit and restart the app

- You may believe us or not, but a huge number of sports fans use the app to browse for videos they might be interested in watching. Having descriptions on videos helps people decide what they want to watch or not. When we gather feedback we ask a small portion of our base - say 10k at random (out of millions of customers it's not surprising you may not have been asked). We are not saying this just to be difficult.

- We are working on adding the solution to our other platforms

Feedback

- You'd like us to make content easier to find on the Spoiler free page

- You'd like us to keep content a little longer on the spoiler free page to catch up on

- You'd like us to remove any spoiler text throughout the whole app (as discussed this will be a challenge)

Please let me know if any of that is not an accurate summary of the discussion, and please add further feedback if I've not captured it sufficiently.

Cheers,

Kit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 40 of 119

Not for me - the spoiler page is a compromise because of the editorial decisions of BT. It is not what I personally want. For me it’s the removal of the scores/results on the titles. 
Take a look at Amazon Prime, Eurosports, Premier Sports, DAZN if you want some guidance.

Stew

0 Ratings