cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 61 of 119

Re: BT Sport Rugby Episode Names

This is on small screen app only at the moment. We're looking to add it to other platforms in the near future.

Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 62 of 119

Hi Stew - no at the moment if you have ticked the spoiler free landing page option in the More area of the app (More on the bottom tab bar), then when you open the app fresh you will always land on the Spoiler free page. It doesn't matter what page you exit the app on (as long as you dismiss the app rather than put it in the background).

If you put it in the background then the app should refresh after a few hours, so overnight for instance again the app would open directly onto the Spoiler free page (if you have selected that option in the More tab of the app).

So to reiterate - it doesn't matter what page you exit the app on, if you dismiss it completely, or leave it in the background for a few hours, and the option has been ticked, then your app will open on the spoiler free page and you'll be able to access the latest content for all our sports without spoilers.

Let me know if any of that is unclear?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 63 of 119

No, that’s not what’s happening. If I leave the app on Football, top left option, leave the app. Then open a different app, close that down, go back into the BT Sports app, it takes me back to Football. This is after I have chosen Spoiler Free option in the “more” section

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 64 of 119

Have you completely dismissed the BT Sport app? ie. not just put it in the background.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 65 of 119

OK, I am using an iPad. If I leave the app. on Football, Double click the home button, flick away the BT Sports screen. Then go back into the app. then it opens in the Spoiler Free page.

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 66 of 119

I did hold my tongue out while standing on one leg 😕

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 67 of 119

Haha! Okay great stuff - hopefully you know how to get in there now properly. We'll do our best to keep our side of the bargain and not let any spoiling titles creep onto that page! Let me know if you've got any other questions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 68 of 119

Additionally, to confirm that if the app is in the background for 15minutes, then it will refresh and open you back on the spoiler free page.

If you do navigate away from the Spoiler free page (to Football for instance as you say) and want to return to spoiler free when within the app then simply scroll across the top nav and click on spoiler free page again.

If you've navigated to the Football page purposefully then if you reopen the app within 15mins then I assume it's not a disaster to open on that page in terms of spoilers as you'd already navigated to it before.

Let me know if any confusion here but hopefully our solution has helped you enjoy your sport un-spoilt 🙂

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 69 of 119

I have just opened the BT Sport App on Ipad this evening  c 8pm/

That device (iPad) was last used for BT Sport yesterday evening  (ie last watched c 10pm Sunday)  so some 22 hours ago.

What I got on the Ipad was initially a screen promoting the Highlights of PSG-Bayern Munich  including the spoiler score.

Within  a second or so (without any intervention from me) it went to the spoiler free page.

So the app clearly knows that it should be showing me the spoiler free page but it does seem that there is  a spoiler page loaded first which takes a moment to be changed to the correct landing page.

So not functioning as expected.

Didn't really find the content i was hoping for

I was hoping to view some of the French Ligue 1 games that were broadcast over the weekend but there seems to only be highlights from one of the games (Monaco v Reims) available. Also I cannot see any on demand  catchup of the UEFA Youth League whose QF and SemiFinals were shown this week.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 70 of 119

On resume of the app, it decides whether it should return to home or not based on:
1. Has it been longer than 15 minutes since it was paused?
2. Has the config on the server changed?
If either is true, it'll return you to the configured landing page (spoiler free in your case).
If you're saying that it reloaded the screen you were on before it redirected to the landing page, then that's a bug. We'll get it verified and fixed @zulu17
0 Ratings