cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 81 of 137

Re: BT Sport Rugby Episode Names

As I've mentioned earlier @StewM , it's a manual process for the editors and mistakes are still being made. We have regular reviews of our apps and processes, and this has been added as a topic to our next one to discuss what else we can do.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 82 of 137

@DarrenDev if paying my direct debit was a manual process and I made mistakes, would BT be more accommodating than paying customers?

Stew

0 Ratings
KitH
BT Sport Expert
Message 83 of 137

We’re working to iron out these issues. When you think about how much content we have, it is on the whole working well, but I appreciate it’s frustrating when the occasional spoiler slips in - which isn’t good enough.

With all due respect Stew, failing to pay for a service in which you’re contractually obliged to do so is a little different from the occasional spoiler appearing in the Spoiler free section. We are a live streaming app but want to provide additional features to enhance the customer experience - spoiler-free being one. As I mentioned, we have A LOT of content and the vast majority are spoiler free no issues but we must do better to get that to 100%.

Thanks for flagging the mistakes so I can take to the team and sort.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 84 of 137

@KitHwrote:

We’re working to iron out these issues. When you think about how much content we have, it is on the whole working well, but I appreciate it’s frustrating when the occasional spoiler slips in - which isn’t good enough.

With all due respect Stew, failing to pay for a service in which you’re contractually obliged to do so is a little different from the occasional spoiler appearing in the Spoiler free section. We are a live streaming app but want to provide additional features to enhance the customer experience - spoiler-free being one. As I mentioned, we have A LOT of content and the vast majority are spoiler free no issues but we must do better to get that to 100%.

Thanks for flagging the mistakes so I can take to the team and sort.

Are you not also not “contractually obliged” to provide a service that you advertise? You advertise ”spoiler free”, not “spoiler free unless we make a mistake”.

Stew

olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 85 of 137

Flipping heck Stu must be stressful living a life where you don’t ever make any mistakes, although isn’t it said he who never makes a mistake never makes anything.

In all fairness how many national corporations would even enter into this type of dialogue, they’ve listened and are in the process of providing what’s been asked for.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 86 of 137

No it’s not what has been asked for.
If you scroll back you will see that this option is a direct result of “editorial decisions” made by BT. It is a manual compromise. BT should at least get it right.

Stew

0 Ratings
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 87 of 137

My mistake🙀

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 88 of 137

Surely the work process should be to have a mind set to always label things spoiler free and only then think about an alternative spoilered title to tart them up for the news section? Or to always title them spoiler free but put any spoilers in the blurb that accompanies each item on the news section?

And while you are at it to always include the date of when a game was played.  Sometime it is hard work to find the latest recent matches and sometimes find yourself playing a "classic" game from some years back instead given away only by the presence of a crowd.

0 Ratings
KitH
BT Sport Expert
Message 89 of 137

Stew - We’ve been asked for a way for customers to watch content without seeing spoilers. That is precisely what we have provided. Occasional errors have slipped in which I apologise for and we will do our best to improve. But the vast majority has been shown without spoilers.

We experimented a couple weeks ago removing the scores from all rugby and had customers complaining that we’d removed the scores and they wanted to see them so they knew which games to watch highlights of. So I’m afraid with all these things it’s trying to find compromises to please as many customers as possible. Mistakes aside, this solution does this.

Continued feedback on all aspects of the app is welcome of course 🙂

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 90 of 137

@KitH @DarrenDev 

I think I have exhausted my input into this.

Perhaps the likes of Premier Sports, Eurosports, DAZN and now Sky Sports on the Now TV apps, who do not show the results of the matches/games, all get different feedback than BT Sports?

Whatever the reason, you have been given a brief and it’s job done.

Stew