cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rugby_enthusiast
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 137

BT Sport Rugby Episode Names

Why do the latest matches on BT sport have the score in their title on catch up? At the moment rugby is showing multiple games at the same time, so when I want to catch up, it ruins the score when trying to select the episode. I’d rather have the surprise when watching the game.

0 Ratings
136 REPLIES 136
StewM
Guru
Message 2 of 137

Re: BT Sport Rugby Episode Names

Hi @Rugby_enthusiast , this has been raised so many time with BT/BT Sports. They seem unable/unwilling to remove all scores and have even tried to add functions in the app but they still seem to want to spoil the viewing of sports fans.

Stew

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 137

Unfortunately most of the app wouldn't make any sense if the titles didn't give details - it would just be a whole screen of "you wouldn't believe what x did".  Whilst many people have asked for the app to not show spoilers in titles, many also appreciate titles that tell them whether the video is worth watching.

For this reason, we've introduced the Spoiler Free mode in the small screen apps - you can select "More" in the app, and change your Landing page to be "Spoiler free replays".  This will allow you to go straight to a screen where you can watch recent replays with no spoilers.  We're working on bringing this to more platforms.

0 Ratings
Rugby_enthusiast
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 137

Thanks, I’ll change my settings. 

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 5 of 137

@DarrenDevwrote:

Unfortunately most of the app wouldn't make any sense if the titles didn't give details - it would just be a whole screen of "you wouldn't believe what x did".  Whilst many people have asked for the app to not show spoilers in titles, many also appreciate titles that tell them whether the video is worth watching.

For this reason, we've introduced the Spoiler Free mode in the small screen apps - you can select "More" in the app, and change your Landing page to be "Spoiler free replays".  This will allow you to go straight to a screen where you can watch recent replays with no spoilers.  We're working on bringing this to more platforms.

Not sure I am with you on this. Most request have been to remove the score from the title, not remove the description! i.e. Top Events: Sevilla 3 - 2 Inter Milan to Top Events: Sevilla v Milan. So that if you haven’t watched the game you don’t know the score. 

Stew

0 Ratings
Rugby_enthusiast
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 137

I agree. If you want to “see if it’s worth watching” why not look up the score. Leaving the option for the rest of us. I don’t mind the “great try by xx” headings as you can score in a loss. 

I changed to spoiler free and most of the rugby wasn’t on the home page, and once you look for it you get the spoilers. 

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 137

The spoiler-free screen only shows recent matches - the assumption is if it's that old, you'll know the score by now.

Another example: we saw a massive increase in people viewing the Barcelona v Bayern Munich match earlier this week specifically because people knew the score.

Everyone has their own opinion on this and unfortunately we can't please everyone.  We're doing our best to find a middle ground.

If you have any suggestions on how the Spoiler free landing page can be improved, we're happy to listen.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 8 of 137

@DarrenDev Do you not think that a Champions League quarter final with a dramatic score line would draw people to watch the repeat? What are the statistics for say Rugby Union? 

It is right you can’t please everybody, but you appear to be ignoring the non results requesters.

In all honesty this is going the same way as the LBar on BT Sports 3. Nobody wanted that but BT thought it was a good idea and persisted, until that was finally dropped.

Stew

0 Ratings
Rugby_enthusiast
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 137

“The spoiler-free screen only shows recent matches - the assumption is if it's that old, you'll know the score by now.”

in that case couldn’t we do without scores for 48hrs. The rugby on Friday had three matches at once, so you can’t watch them all, people will be using catchup and want the same experience. There’s a highlights show on the Sunday evening, so maybe wait for that and then show results in titles.

Also, full match replays should have there own segment without scores for that “live” experience. Those who aren’t sure can watch highlights which by all means should show results to justify being “highlights”.

Regarding the spoiler page, if there was a way to customise it to the sports you follow, that way people can easily find what they want to see most - and hopefully without spoilers. 

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 10 of 137

No one has being ignored @StewM  - a spoiler free mode has been added.

I cannot emphasise enough that scores will NOT be removed from the main parts of the app any time soon - this is an editorial decision based on evidence through customer trials, feedback, and statistics.

Maybe the spoiler free option still isn't enough, which is why I'm inviting feedback.

0 Ratings