cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KitH
BT Sport Expert
Message 91 of 137

Re: BT Sport Rugby Episode Names

Cheers Stew for continued feedback. really helps us  to spot mistakes and improve the product. Comms with people in places like this forum lead to us adding the spoiler free area, so really can be helpful!

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 92 of 137

@KitH 

I suppose you see what you want to see.

Stew

0 Ratings
KitH
BT Sport Expert
Message 93 of 137

Sorry if I misunderstood - but you seemed to be saying people had briefed us on allowing for spoiler free viewing and we have now provided a spoiler free solution for those who want it. 'job done'

We see what is there. Sometimes we can act on it, sometimes we can't. Despite what it may seem, it's to get the best product out there for the most people. We don't do things with no rhyme or reason, despite what it might fee like 🙂

Have a great weekend and, as ever, feel free to continue providing feedback on all aspects of the app. We'll do our best to see what you've written and not what we want to see 😉

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 94 of 137

I think there is a fundamental difference in mind set between those of us who want to watch sport as it should be (or as close to should be as possible allowing we often cannot watch live) and those who want give their viewers as much as they can. It is this latter attitude which means the needs and wants of the former group often get overlooked either in the design of a service or by error in the execution of the service.
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 95 of 137

@KitH , perhaps this may help.

1. BT make editorial decision to show the score on its titles.

2. Feedback given indicating that customers don’t want to know the score before watching.

3. Rather than reviewing BT editorial decision, you are briefed to spend money in coming up with an alternative way to view, unlike other providers who don’t show the score. Reinvent the wheel.

4. Feedback is given and errors pointed out on this forum.

5. You apologise for errors but regard this “No Spoiler” as job done and customers are now happy.

Nothing could be further from the truth

Stew

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 96 of 137

@StewMwrote:

@KitH , perhaps this may help.

3. Rather than reviewing BT editorial decision, you are briefed to spend money in coming up with an alternative way to view, unlike other providers who don’t show the score. Reinvent the wheel.

Which other providers? For example you go onto the Sky website & clear as day you get videos with the scores!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 97 of 137

@StewMwrote:

@KitH @DarrenDev 

I think I have exhausted my input into this.

Perhaps the likes of Premier Sports, Eurosports, DAZN and now Sky Sports on the Now TV apps, who do not show the results of the matches/games, all get different feedback than BT Sports?

Whatever the reason, you have been given a brief and it’s job done.

Stew

@garybs29 

As I stated previously.

Stew

0 Ratings
KitH
BT Sport Expert
Message 98 of 137

- Agreed

2. Feedback given indicating that customers don’t want to know the score before watching.

- from a handful of customers yes. But a lot of our customer prefer scores on (demonstrated by complaints when we trialled scores off on rugby recently). Hard to say 'customers' and it encompass everyone.

- Correction - we spend time and budget working to please a minority of our base (ie. you and others), while not annoying the majority. This seems a logical approach. Additionally, we have a huge amount of highlights, clips, news articles etc (which are also spoilers) throughout our app, so it's not just showing scores that would need to be changed and therefore isn't as simple as just changing titles. We'd have to remove all of that content also.

- Agreed and thanks. We like feedback

5. You apologise for errors but regard this “No Spoiler” as job done and customers are now happy.

- We've had a huge amount of positive feedback and thanks for the new spoiler free solution from customers. I'm afraid again it's impossible to say 'customers' as the entirety of the base. If all customers felt the same then my job would be a whole lot easier! We've provided a solution which allows you to watch content spoiler free, while not changing the experience for the majority who have no issue with seeing scores. We feel that's a pretty good solution.

As to other apps' different approaches. The main SkySports and Eurosport apps absolutely have spoilers and NowTV is more around live sport than highlights, clips, news etc so is a little different. Quite hard to compare different apps when they're used in different ways and for different things to be honest. But we try to learn from the good bits of each of course.

I hope our solution does allow you to enjoy our catch up spoiler free Stew, even if it's not the exact solution you'd like. Thanks again for engaging - it's good to get different views.

StewM
Guru
Message 99 of 137

@KitHwrote:

- Agreed

- from a handful of customers yes. But a lot of our customer prefer scores on (demonstrated by complaints when we trialled scores off on rugby recently). Hard to say 'customers' and it encompass everyone.

- Correction - we spend time and budget working to please a minority of our base (ie. you and others), while not annoying the majority. This seems a logical approach. Additionally, we have a huge amount of highlights, clips, news articles etc (which are also spoilers) throughout our app, so it's not just showing scores that would need to be changed and therefore isn't as simple as just changing titles. We'd have to remove all of that content also.

- Agreed and thanks. We like feedback

- We've had a huge amount of positive feedback and thanks for the new spoiler free solution from customers. I'm afraid again it's impossible to say 'customers' as the entirety of the base. If all customers felt the same then my job would be a whole lot easier! We've provided a solution which allows you to watch content spoiler free, while not changing the experience for the majority who have no issue with seeing scores. We feel that's a pretty good solution.

As to other apps' different approaches. The main SkySports and Eurosport apps absolutely have spoilers and NowTV is more around live sport than highlights, clips, news etc so is a little different. Quite hard to compare different apps when they're used in different ways and for different things to be honest. But we try to learn from the good bits of each of course.

I hope our solution does allow you to enjoy our catch up spoiler free Stew, even if it's not the exact solution you'd like. Thanks again for engaging - it's good to get different views.

I think that is a fair point. Happy to engage in the future. Now time to move on.

Stew

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 100 of 137

@StewMwrote:

@StewMwrote:

@KitH @DarrenDev 

I think I have exhausted my input into this.

Perhaps the likes of Premier Sports, Eurosports, DAZN and now Sky Sports on the Now TV apps, who do not show the results of the matches/games, all get different feedback than BT Sports?

Whatever the reason, you have been given a brief and it’s job done.

Stew

@garybs29 

As I stated previously.

Stew

And if you look at the sky link I posted as well it clearly shows the results of games this week so your point isn't entirely correct

0 Ratings