cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KitH
BT Sport Expert
Message 131 of 137

Re: BT Sport Rugby Episode Names

Hi Stew - been a while! Hope you’re well?

I always try to be as open as possible with you guys, take feedback, and build the best product we can. Doesn’t always please 100% of our base but think on the whole we do a pretty good job. While clearly not perfect!

What I don’t appreciate is the insinuation that I’m lying when I’ve said lots of customers actually like the scores being shown. Keen for open discussion and to be challenged, but not to be called a liar which saying ‘is hard to believe’ essentially is doing. 

And to clarify again - you say all those other apps don’t show scores. We HAVE a spoiler mode where a user can choose not to see scores. We give users the choice. So what’s the problem? Do any of the apps you mention give users that flexibility? We also provide a whole heap of content in our app that often has to have spoiler titles - short goal clips, sending offs, dramatic moments, interviews etc. You often can’t avoid describing those shorter videos in a spoiling manner, or the user would never know what clip to click on. Some of the apps you mention don’t have that richness of content which the majority of our customers use and enjoy. But again if you select spoiler mode you avoid all of that.

I don’t mean to sound irritable, and as always keep sending in your ideas for improvements. The more creative minds thinking about these things the better. Can’t promise we’ll be able to implement them all but can’t hurt 🙂

Have a good one.

KitH
BT Sport Expert
Message 132 of 137

We do our best to avoid barriers for all our customers, but as I’ve mentioned before we can’t please absolutely everyone unfortunately. I hope the fact we’ve added a spoiler free mode and I spend time here discussing it shows we aren’t ignoring the fans of spoiler-free!

The vast vast vast majority of users come in at the start of a game, so to change that experience for a minority who come in late and also want to watch from the start is a tricky one to swing.

Having said that, I’ve taken on the feedback and will see if there’s something simple we can do to improve. But can’t make any promises.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 133 of 137

Unfortunately not all of us have a work and family life that allows us to settle down and watch every event live as it happens. In this day and technologically advanced age it seems archaic to not build chase-play into a simple user interface design from the start rather than trying to bolt on clunky afterthoughts.

I have said it before but I will say it again, have a look at how Amazon Prime Video do it for a pleasant, simple, spoiler-free user experience.

Edit:  Actually I will row back on the Amazon praise as their chase-play service is not very good judging by the my experience of it last weekend watching the Nations Cup matches but that was more down to the stability of the stream rather than the user interface (their live and on demand streams were fine, just chase-play that was a problem).

0 Ratings
benwiddows
Beginner
Message 134 of 137

@KitH can you send me the link when you have mo?

0 Ratings
KitH
BT Sport Expert
Message 135 of 137

Hey Ben - sorry for delay. I was asking a colleague who runs that side of things on web and only just come back to me this morning. I'm afraid when we moved to a new backend system recently, we created spoiler free pages for separate sports rather than having one overall, which I hadn't realised. Although we have for most of our sports, we're yet to get to Rugby. I've asked that the team add that in asap so should be in before long. Sorry for the confusion!

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 136 of 137

@KitHwrote:

Hi Stew - been a while! Hope you’re well?

I always try to be as open as possible with you guys, take feedback, and build the best product we can. Doesn’t always please 100% of our base but think on the whole we do a pretty good job. While clearly not perfect!

What I don’t appreciate is the insinuation that I’m lying when I’ve said lots of customers actually like the scores being shown. Keen for open discussion and to be challenged, but not to be called a liar which saying ‘is hard to believe’ essentially is doing. 

And to clarify again - you say all those other apps don’t show scores. We HAVE a spoiler mode where a user can choose not to see scores. We give users the choice. So what’s the problem? Do any of the apps you mention give users that flexibility? We also provide a whole heap of content in our app that often has to have spoiler titles - short goal clips, sending offs, dramatic moments, interviews etc. You often can’t avoid describing those shorter videos in a spoiling manner, or the user would never know what clip to click on. Some of the apps you mention don’t have that richness of content which the majority of our customers use and enjoy. But again if you select spoiler mode you avoid all of that.

I don’t mean to sound irritable, and as always keep sending in your ideas for improvements. The more creative minds thinking about these things the better. Can’t promise we’ll be able to implement them all but can’t hurt 🙂

Have a good one.

I initially thought of not responding to this post. I have given my input, but I feel my comments, have either been misconstrued or the points just not taken on board. But the idea that questioning someone, who would then somehow construe, this of an accusation of lying? Really?

I have worked in customer facing roles for over 35 years including business analysis roles. I know how to reposed to customers/contacts and in particular how to not elevate my own achievements, not to dismiss their input as “what is the problem”?

I am happy to provide constructive input, provided it is taken seriously.

Stew 

0 Ratings
KitH
BT Sport Expert
Message 137 of 137

Hey Stew - I'm trying to be constructive and have said on many occasions on this thread that a lot of customers want scores shown, and I think the repeated claim to the contrary from yourself and others just wore me down! I guess I just didn't think the constant back and forth of me saying some customers want scores and you saying it's hard to believe any do was terribly constructive! But apologies - certainly wasn't meaning to discourage feedback.

re. 'what's the problem?' comment it was a genuine question. You'd quoted some other apps which don't show scores. I was merely pointing out that we also have that option if you so choose. We seemed to be meeting what you were saying these other apps did, so I wanted to know what the issue was in case I was missing something. Please do point out if we don't meet the use case of a page with no scores in our app.

I really hope you don't think I simply dismiss your input - I've responded a huge amount on this forum and engaged in good discussion I think. Some things we will look to do and some things I explain why we likely won't do them. I could easily take a typical corporate approach and say 'we'll look at that, thanks for feedback' for everything or indeed not respond at all, but I'd rather be honest and engage and say why some things are the way they are.

I wasn't meaning to 'elevate my own achievements', simply try to make clear what our app does which is different from other apps and why that affects the UX in various ways. But of course I'll always think our app is better than everyone elses 🙂

As I said in my message - do keep the constructive feedback coming!

0 Ratings