cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport (Samsung Tv) Watch From Start

Go to solution

Last Night opted to watch the Salzburg v Chelsea game  which was still in progress on the BT Sport App on Samsung TV. Got  the expected choice between Live or Watch from Start. When selecting Watch From Start a brief image   ( no more than a second or so ) of the current Live picture appeared before the stream went to the start of the broadcast. 
 After I had watched that match I decided to do the same with the Dortmund v Man City game  which again was still live when I elected to Watch From Start. Again I got a current live picture which  conveyed the  current score  to me briefly before the broadcast started from the beginning.

I don’t often use this device in this manner so can’t say whether this is a normal occurrence or not.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport (Samsung Tv) Watch From Start

Go to solution

Ooo I can see why that would be really annoying.

We had this as a bug when this feature was first developed, but we've not seen it for a long time.  What model TV do you have please?  We'll re-verify the fix.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It was on a Samsung UE49NU7500

on Software VersionT-KTM2DEUC-1330.5 , BT -S

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
OK, so it turns out that the fix was applied only to our new player - we stopped using the Samsung native player as it had too many issues.
However ... 2018 was a very bad year for Samsung TVs - the native player has more bugs than any other year, and also our custom player doesn't work reliably on it either. Thus, it had been missed when we rolled out the fix for this issue. We're working on a patch for it now and will get it out there as soon as we can.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the update , I can easily look away for a few seconds to avoid the potential spoiler.