cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bc909885
Beginner
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Sport Stream Unwatchable (Stuttering)

I am getting this too on a Windows 10 laptop.

Tried Explorer, Chrome, Firefox - all stuttering.  Works fine on my iPad.

Oddly enough at work on my desktop tower PC it works fine. Windows 7 professional.

Any ideas? 

Telling silence from BT though.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 23

There is a dedicated app in the Windows 10 store.

0 Ratings
bc909885
Beginner
Message 13 of 23

Ah - OK - thanks  I'll give that a go.

0 Ratings
Tomas12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 23

What about people that don't use Windows? It's not the only operating system, you know? I didn't see anything about BTsport online being exclusive to Windows, not in my contract.

BT !!! Fix the problem!!!!

My contract is up in a month and I am not paying £44 a month for this nonsense.

0 Ratings
gilera
Contributor
Message 15 of 23

This never happened when Silverlite was being used, why did BT change to the Flash **bleep**!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 23

@gilera wrote:
This never happened when Silverlite was being used

Oh, yes it did! And it still happens on Now TV, though not nearly as bad as it was on BT Sport.

My experience with BTS on Flash was very patchy at first, but I have to say it's been rock solid since the major refurbishment of the app in January.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
gilera
Contributor
Message 17 of 23

Suggest you watch Eurosport to see how good Silverlite is and HD quality, never a hiccup.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 23

@gilera wrote:
Suggest you watch Eurosport to see how good Silverlite is and HD quality, never a hiccup.

No thanks; anyway, my point was specifically that Silverlight was not trouble-free with BT Sport. I've not had a hiccup with Flash since the January upgrade of the BTS app, though I do get very brief screen freezes on Now TV, which uses Silverlight.

Issues remain despite a general improvement in streaming quality across the board, but they seem to be random. That suggests they might be down to local environment, though exactly how to pinpoint it is a mystery.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Sportbuffer
Beginner
Message 19 of 23

Both Silverlight and Flash are museum pieces. Anyway, I echo all that's been said about buffering and skipping. I have BTInfinity, which BT assured me would sort it all out, and was using a wired connection on an admittedly sluggish netbook. Bad in IE, worse in Chrome, wouldn't load in Firefox. But - this will surprise you - when I complained to BT they phoned me several times trying to sort it out. Unsuccessfully. So I've now upgraded to a bigger better computer and BT Sport is stuttering and skipping worse than pre - Infinity Eurosport did. I wish BT would give them the speedway back!

NB Adblocker stopped 31 ads on BTSport. I suspect they're trying to cram too much data onto the stream. Pre AdBlocker I noticed buffering coincided with ads reloading.

***EDITED***

gilera
Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Here is a fact on how to watch BT sport without stuttering.

I tried to watch motor GP on Sunday on my laptop, impossible! Kept repeating over and over again,completely unwatchable. **Edited by Mod**  I will be cancelling my payment until BT fix the problem with their player.

0 Ratings