cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT Sport UHD HDR on Channel 465 black screens

Hi, I have a BT pro TV box with BT sport + UHD addons and I am a new customer. Last night when trying to watch Rangers vs Liverpool the stream cut out 3 times and went to a black screen. To fix it I had to change channel and then change back. I even missed the first goal because of this which annoyed me enough to make this post :). It's not really acceptable for a paid service.

I have 1 Gb FTTP and only the UHD stream was using any bandwidth, so I am pretty sure this is a BT stream issue or a problem with the BT TV box and nothing to do with my network. My router didn't reset, and I didn't lose internet connectivity. I haven't had this issue when using my Roku to watch BT sport UHD.

I have read this was an issue some months ago with the BT pro box and BT sport UHD on channel 465. Is this still not fixed and is this going to happen during other games?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Sport UHD HDR on Channel 465 black screens

Run a software update. There was one launched a few weeks ago to enable Freeview over internet which also fixed a lot of other issues. It may have been pushed out to you yet.... It might be worthwhile giving it a bash though 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Hi thanks, I am pretty sure I have that update as when I installed, I selected IPTV and I am using that instead of aerial. I will check again if there have been any new updates. 

Message 4 of 14

I’ve been having problems with Ch 465 going black when  viewing the CL again this week too. I changed over to the IP delivery of channels on the first day that it became available and my box is set to update software automatically. Others were reporting problems on one of the other threads. It’s been an issue since the beginning of the current football season, but seemed to have disappeared until this week.

Message 5 of 14

Thanks, Glad it's not just me and hope they fix it soon.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

It's been ongoing for a while - see thread https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-Box-Pro-issue-unresponsive/m-p/2256519 for a mixture of instability and black screen comments.

A number of issues have been found and fixed or worked around, but it sounds like a gremlin has crept back in. It's being investigated.
Message 7 of 14

Was watching live football today on #465 when the screen just went blank - tv and Box Pro still on.

The recording on #465 seemed to have stopped at the same time.

Channel up/down restored viewing.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

@ozsat  Yes I experienced that problem  in  live viewing  on 465.  wasn’t recording today. Resolved in same manner by channel change.  There was loss of commentary earlier.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Me too. I had a picture freeze a few minutes before the screen went blank, but it managed to right itself again. I don’t know whether or not that was related, but it didn’t come as too much of a surprise when I got the blank screen just after that. I changed channels and managed to restore Ch 465 relatively quickly again though.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Picture freeze was a transmission issue - https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bt-sport-lost-its-commentators-and-viewers-loved-it

@Brucemeister5wrote:

Me too. I had a picture freeze a few minutes before the screen went blank, but it managed to right itself again. I don’t know whether or not that was related, but it didn’t come as too much of a surprise when I got the blank screen just after that. I changed channels and managed to restore Ch 465 relatively quickly again though.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.