cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

BT Sport Ultimate (4K HDR) not working on Samsung Smart TV

Hi,

I have the BT sport monthly pass through EE and am trying to watch on the Samsung TV BT sport app. I can access BT sport ultimate on one of my samsung TVs (model: UE40MU6120) but not on the other (model: QE65Q90RATXXU). This leads me to believe that there is no problem with the subscription. On the problem TV, when I go to the compatibility checker on the app, all areas have a green tick except for 4K and HDR for the device.

I know for a fact that the TV is capable of displaying 4K HDR content as it works with amazon prime, sky Q, etc. I have phoned EE, BT and samsung, none could think of a solution.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT Sport Ultimate (4K HDR) not working on Samsung Smart TV

Known issue specifically with Samsung 2019 TVs I'm afraid - we've had to disable 4K and HDR support for now.
We hope to have a fix ready in time for the next Ultimate event on September 11th.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Hi Darren,

Ok thanks for the info. It’s annoying that none of the advisors I called had this information as would have saved me a lot of time!

I shall wait for the fix from BT.

Cheers,

Cameron

Message 4 of 23

Hi Darren

Does this mean BT are now addressing the issue of BT Sport App, freezing,  directly with Samsung?   Previously your responses have been that it is only a small number of people affected, and subscribers need to contact Samsung direct, as BT are unable to intervene, as problem lies with the Samsung version of app.   

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

Different issue @Peter7ee 

Please don't for a second think that we're shirking our responsibilities with the other issue - we've done everything we possibly can for now. We're just reliant on Samsung to provide the next level of detail on the issue, as we have no way to investigate that issue any further. Customers are being asked to contact Samsung so that they can use their remote diagnostics tools to get access to logs that we can't see.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

Darren

I wasn't suggesting that BT were shirking responsibilities.  I was just trying to better understand, whether this the issue with the app freezing was being progressed.  I fully appreciate that the issue resides with Samsung and it is Samsung that need to make changes at their end.

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

I've contacted Samsung this afternoon and provided details on tv model.  BTW, mine is a 2018 model.  So it looks like this issue isn't just affecting 2016 SAMSUNG'S. Hopefully, they call back.  Thanks again for reply and update.

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

What are the symptoms of your issue @Peter7ee? On 2016, the issue is that the video would briefly freeze, then jump back 30 seconds, at which point the video and audio become out of sync by 30 seconds and continue that way.

If yours is the same then please send me a DM with your Samsung reference, and I'll add it to the same investigation.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

Darren

BT Sport app picture was  breaking down from HD, to a picture quality that was vey much not HD.  The  audio would then stop and finally, picture would freeze and would stay that way until refreshed/reloaded.  It would then play for a few more minutes and freeze again.  I have only been aware of this issue since I've started watching this seasons PL football.

I spoke to a Samsung agent yesterday afternoon and advised him that it was a problem specific to the BT Sport app and that he should have been advised of possible 'BT Referrals'.  He was very helpful but didn't give me the impression that he was aware of BT Sports app issue.  He took remote control of TV and reset Samsung Smart Hub, uninstalled/reinstalled  BT Sport app.  Whether any of this has worked, will become clear, next time I sign in to watch a live game.  

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Hi @DarrenDev 

Is there an update on this? It’s still not working on my 2019 Samsung 8K TV and keen for it be be resolved 

thanks

marc

0 Ratings