cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devious
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport Ultimate - Not available after signing up to Max 4K

After being connected to BT TV yesterday I was unable to access the BT Ultimate channel on 433. This is why I decided to signup to BT TV for the 4K content as I already had BT Sports on my Sky Subscription.

My Broadband Speed is about 32.5 mbps and I have since read that you may need over 40 mbps to get BT Sport Ultimate. I wasn't made aware of this when I was sold the upgrade to Superfast Fibre 2 with the Max 4K TV package.

When I try to access channel 433 or the Sports On Demand content in 4K it is telling me that I need to upgrade my subscription rather than it won't work due to slow broadband?

Also when I run the speed test on the YouView box it says that I have fast enough internet to watch 4K content.

Customer support did not seem to know what was going on when I spoke to them over online chat and the phone yesterday and I have since cancelled my order.

However I would be grateful if someone could check to see if 4K is definitely not possible on my account as the messages on the box suggest that something has not been activated on my account rather than a problem with speed.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Devious
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport Ultimate - Not available after signing up to Max 4K

Update

I'm now having difficulties with my 14 day right to cancel on my original order. A different member of the Value Team confirmed that 4K Sport is not available at my address so I should not have been sold this package.

After receiving a new order email (not sure why) I wanted to confirm that the cancellation would be completed correctly and I would be placed back onto my previous contract for Superfast Fibre 1, Weekend Calls, Calling Feature 1 and BT Sport through Sky with a refund for the line rental charge which I renewed when placing the Superfast Fibre 2 and 4K Max TV package .

The new order email advised I would be charged an additional £2.50 per month for Superfast Fibre 1 despite me cancelling within my 14 day cooling off period. At this stage I'm not looking to renew any contracts just put things back to how they were previously so that I can exlore my options over the next few weeks knowing that I am currently out of contract with BT and shortly Sky as well.

I understand two complaints have been raised by BT Customer Support, one for the fact I was sold a 4K package which I could never receive and one for the price increase. At this stage I don't think BT Sport will be put back onto my accout until the other problems have been resolved.

This is really frustrating that I was misold a package and now seem to be having difficulty having things put back to how they were before the new order was placed. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Did you order via the bt.com website ? if so you would of been informed UHD was not an option but you would recieve an upgraded Youview box and have HD content.

0 Ratings
Devious
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for replying. No, I placed the order over the phone with the Value Team and I was very specific about asking would I get BT Sport 4K. This was the major reason why I placed the order. A different member of the team tonight advised that I should have been advised that this would not have been possible. I didn't have BT TV prior to this and will send the box back once I receive instructions.
0 Ratings