Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT Sport Ultimate: UHD, HDR and Dolby Atmos

Go to solution

I guess the T4000 can do HDR then after all...

What is BT Sport Ultimate?​
BT Sport Ultimate is a new channel providing the very best viewing experience available, whatever platform you are watching on.

Broadcast technology is constantly evolving and BT Sport is at the forefront of innovation.

With images delivered at 50 frames per second, fast-moving action appears in pin-sharp detail, meaning sport is viewed in perfect clarity.

BT Sport Ultimate delivers pictures and sound in ultra-high definition (UHD), high dynamic range (HDR) and - exclusively via BT TV - Dolby Atmos sound, depending on which platform viewers are using.

BT Sport Ultimate: Everything You Need to Know

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Sport Ultimate: UHD, HDR and Dolby Atmos

Go to solution

@stereohavenwrote:

I guess the T4000 can do HDR then after all...

It doesn't actually say it does, does it? The way it's been worded suggests to me that the T4000 doesn't do HDR, if it did they'd clearly state it wouldn't they?

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Unlike you I'm glass half full on this, I have made the assumption that if the T4000 couldn't do HDR, they would have to mention it at channel launch. 😀

Anyone from BT want to let us know either way?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The key statement is "BT Sport Ultimate delivers pictures and sound in ultra-high definition (UHD), high dynamic range (HDR) and - exclusively via BT TV - Dolby Atmos sound, depending on which platform viewers are using. "

If you are on the BTtv or VirginMedia platform - you'll get UHD and Dolby Atmos.

For HDR you'll need the app and compatible kit - which is NOT the T4000.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

So the flagship device supplied by BT TV cannot deliver it's premium channel in the "ultimate" way?

Why am I not surprised. 😂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

They forget to mention which HDR, seeing as there are a few. I am guessing it is HDR 10 again?

Pretty basic information to provide nowadays.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

This BT Sport’s new HDR service will launch for the BT Sport app ahead of the new football season. It will offer picture quality of up to 4K resolution from just £5 per month taken from here https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/Free-HDR-viewing-for-the-UEFA-Champions-...

On page 2 of that thread a 'BT Sport Expert' named KitH (message number 15) states the difficulty is that adding HDR capability to hardware like the YouView box is a much longer and more difficult process (ie. swapping out millions of boxes across the country) than adding HDR to our digital apps (mobile and large screen). Do keep your eyes peeled re. TV box as that will follow in the not too distant future

I think bt 'tv box' they mean a new HDR enabled box as that has been mentioned a few times on the Youview forums.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

The problem is you can get one but not both. So if you use the app on Apple TV you get HDR pictures but no Dolby Atmos sound. On the BT box it is the opposite. Bit of a botched solution it seems.

0 Ratings