cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport Ultimate availability- Sort it out please

Small but justified rant, because I want to be a monthly pass customer!

PS5 - Ultimate not available yet console has been released since November and it works on PS4 Pro

LG TVs - no BT Sport app

Android TV Box (Formuler v8) - latest BT Sport app version refuses to open

Why should I have to buy a Chromecast Ultra to get Ultimate on my LG TV when, at the very least, one of the three methods above should work? It's May 2021, FA Cup and Champions League finals, yet I can't pay happily money to access the Ultimate part of the monthly pass product you've launched.

I'm sure there are other people like me with a PS5 and/or LG OLED TV who are or will be asking the same question.

Thabks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport Ultimate availability- Sort it out please

The only thing similar between the PS4 and PS5 are the letters "PS" - it's a completely different platform underneath.  Something that works on PS4 isn't guaranteed to work on the PS5 and unfortunately BT Sport Ultimate is an example of something that just will not work on the PS5 at the moment - it refuses to play our Ultimate video stream.  Our video encoders need to be changed to support PS5, and this isn't a small task.  We're working on it though, and will make Ultimate available ASAP.

LG  TVs - we already support BT Sport on 14 different platforms, and we have a few more coming soon.  LG is on the list.

Android TV - if the device supports the Google Play Store then the BT Sport app should work fine. We cannot support devices that aren't Google certified.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Any news on when bt sport ultimate will be on PS5 shouldn’t take this long 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Still at least a month away - possibly longer.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

One year on and still not available on PS5. Ridiculous, do you want my custom or not?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Do you think we're withholding it just to annoy you @bhodged ?

We're doing all we can. We're losing revenue for every match that we don't offer it.