cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport Ultimate on BT Pro box

Just received a new BT Pro box to replace my previous UHD box. Connected to wifi and am watching football on the BT Sport Ultimate channel and the picture and sound keep stuttering. I never had this problem with the previous box which was connected via network extenders.

Anyone else having this issue and is there any way to solve it?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport Ultimate on BT Pro box

I have the BT Pro box and also experience the stuttering. Apparently BT are looking into it.

If you press pause and resume this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Are you able to try an Ethernet connection to ensure the WiFi is up to it?

The Ultimate channel needs almost 30Mbps of continuous stream to work without issue.

I have the Pro Box streaming via WiFi here fine for channel 465.

@TIMSPORTSFANwrote:

Just received a new BT Pro box to replace my previous UHD box. Connected to wifi and am watching football on the BT Sport Ultimate channel and the picture and sound keep stuttering. I never had this problem with the previous box which was connected via network extenders.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Just for info my BT Pro box stutters on all channels - terrestrial via aerial or networked.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

That is a different known issue - changing channel usually fixes it.

It it is just Ultimate stuttering then it is likely to be an Internet speed issue.

@spbondwrote:

Just for info my BT Pro box stutters on all channels - terrestrial via aerial or networked.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@ozsatwrote:

Are you able to try an Ethernet connection to ensure the WiFi is up to it?

The Ultimate channel needs almost 30Mbps of continuous stream to work without issue.

I have the Pro Box streaming via WiFi here fine for channel 465.

@TIMSPORTSFANwrote:

I've gone back to ethernet (using the BT network extenders) and it works fine.  I had also tried the Sky channels and had the same issue with the sound/picture stuttering.  So it looks like, in my case, it's a wifi-specific issue.  The BT Pro box is approximately 5 yards from the BT hub, although there is a wall in between, but the wifi connection is strong.

Thanks