cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 39

BT Sport Ultimate on BT TV vs Apple 4K TV

Hi guys, I am going to subscribe to BT sport for the new upcoming premier league season. I want to ask if the 4k UHD picture quality on the BT Sport Ultimate channel will be better using the app on Apple 4K TV or would the picture look better using the actual BT TV?

I know using the app means I will be watching the games on a short delay of about 30 seconds or so, but I don't care about that my main concern is I want the best picture quality possible. 

0 Ratings
38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39

Re: BT Sport Ultimate on BT TV vs Apple 4K TV

Depends on your broadband speed to get BT Sport unlimited on BT TV I'm subscribed to the 4k BT Sport unlimited it's free and I can't get it it I've been told that you need up to 47 MB to get it on BT TV but I can get it on the BT app and also on my fire stick .
Message 3 of 39

If:
* you have BT Broadband at a minimum of 44Mbps (or possibly 47Mbps as Ken says - not sure of the exact number)
* you're not currently BT TV VIP subscriber
* you take out a BT TV VIP subscription
then you'll receive our new BT TV Box Pro, which will offer BT Sport Ultimate 4K HDR with the highest quality with the least delay.
Otherwise...
If your Apple TV 4K is the new 2021 model then you'll be able to watch in 4K HDR before the new football season starts (update coming very soon).
If it's an older Apple TV 4K then you'll be able to watch EITHER 4K SDR, or 1080p HDR.
There are many other devices offering the full 4K HDR experience if that's what you're after. You'll need a minimum of ~35Mbps broadband to reach the top quality stream.
Message 4 of 39

Thanks for the feedback.

I do have the 2021 Apple 4k TV so I can watch in 4k HDR on the app, but am I right in assuming that even that won't be exactly as good as BT TV Box Pro? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 39

The BT TV Box Pro will be nearer real time, but the quality will be comparable on both when watching the live stream.

The Apple TV app will have the added timeline feature, allowing you to quickly jump back to previous events, goals, etc during the batch. It also has more content, and replays, etc.

Choices, choices ...
Message 6 of 39

I've just realised that the BT sport Ultimate channel is only available on the VIP Package! That will cost £65 per month. The app on the Apple 4k TV will cost £25 per month. I guess the £40 per month difference makes this an easy choice... app it is!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 39

Ultimate is in the BT Sports pack.

But if you don't want to commit to a new 24 month contract to get a new HDR BT box - then best stick with the app.

The delay can be around a minute which is normally fine - unless the neighbours are watching the same match in real time and all cheer when there's a goal.

The BTtv box will only be enabled for 4K if you have a 44+Mb/s line.

You need around 30Mb/s spare for the app to work at it's best.

@urbanlegend179wrote:

I've just realised that the BT sport Ultimate channel is only available on the VIP Package! That will cost £65 per month. The app on the Apple 4k TV will cost £25 per month. I guess the £40 per month difference makes this an easy choice... app it is!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 39

Can someone confirm if BT sport Ultimate channel is available WITHOUT The VIP package? On the official website (https://www.bt.com/tv/packages) I've looked at both the "Sport" and "Big Sport" packages and when I click on "see channels included" it lists all the BT sport channels but NOT ultimate. The only time Ultimate is listed is on the VIP Package. Can someone confirm which packages actually include Ultimate?

Secondly, is it possible to get BT TV without taking out BT Broadband? I already have a broadband provider I am happy with. Or is this not recommended for whatever reason?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 39

Hi @urbanlegend179 Thanks for your questions, BT Sport Ultimate is available as part of the NOWTV VIP package.

Customers with the following packs will be able to buy a BT Sport Ultimate add-on for £5 on a rolling monthly basis:

• NOWTV Big Sport customers taking the combi HD/4k add-on
  • NOWTV Sport customers taking the combi HD/4k add-on
  • BT Sport App Only
  • BT Sport on Sky TV with BT Broadband via the BT Sport App
  • BT Sport through Sky with other Broadband provider (Channel Only)

In answer to your second question, BT TV is only available to customers that have BT Broadband.

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 39

Thanks for the reply. I was talking about BT sport ultimate on BT TV. I just want to watch BT sport ultimate on BT TV with no apps involved. What package do I need for this? Is ultimate only available on VIP package? 

0 Ratings