Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 1 of 28

BT Sport Ultimate

Hi.

Just got BT TV and went for the full VIP package. Everything went fine in the set up apart from trying to view the 4k Sport Ultimate channel 433. When I select it, I get a message saying 'you need to set up BT Sport Ultimate'. Having pressed okay, it then says it is validating my account. After a short time, it just comes back with a message saying 'Sorry - there's been a problem' and then there is a phone number to order a new package. I surely don't need to order a new package as the 4k channel is part of the VIP package. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 28

Re: BT Sport Ultimate

As you inferred, that problem can normally be overcome by pressing OK on your remote, however there are other posts on here where that didn't work. In each case I believe it required the intervention of a mod to resolve the problem. 

0 Ratings
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 3 of 28

Will a mod pick up this issue or am I supposed to try and contact one - somehow!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 28

@DavidM  @NeilO 

As you maybe know, the Mods are BT employees and so have the ability to sort out problems that the community can't resolve. Unfortunately they are few and this community is only a small part of what they do, so it is pretty much a case of waiting and hoping.

Edit:

You could try calling 0800 800 150 after (say) 6 or 7 tonight, it's a 24/7 number and the waiting time may be shorter then

0 Ratings
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 5 of 28

Okay thanks, I will wait then. If only they could be as quick to reply as your good self!

garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 28

What's your broadband speeds? There is a minimum speed needed for the 4k channel

0 Ratings
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 7 of 28

I recently upgraded to Fibre 2 as I was told that would be good enough for 4k. Not sure that I get the advertised download speeds though as my internet speed in general seems to have suffered since plugging in the ethernet cable for BT TV.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 28

What is your estimated range & guarantee given in the order confirmation?

0 Ratings
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 9 of 28

Range is 32 - 50mps and guarantee is 28mps

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 28

That'll be why it's not working, from memory BT need 44Mbps for 4k on bt tv due to method of delivery/bandwth etc.

Also begs the question of why did they upgrade you to fibre 2, that range is only fibre 1 speeds