cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 11 of 28

Re: BT Sport Ultimate

Great!  So I have wasted my time and money upgrading to Fibre 2 and I have no chance of getting the k channel. Trading standards eh!?!

Thanks for the replies though.

0 Ratings
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 12 of 28

Also, just checked on the BT site and there is no broadband package that I can upgrade to that has a bigger range or higher guarantee than the fibre 2 that I am already on. So, if it is my lack of speed that stops me getting the 4k channel then nobody can get the channel so why does BT advertise something that nobody can get?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 28

The speeds you receive depends on your location & line. If you were closer to the cabinet or in a FTTP area you'd be able to get a faster speed & get 4k like other customers can

0 Ratings
badhatharry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 28

I’ve had same problem now being told Today that you need to pay extra £5 for 4K Not really sure it’s a V.I.P package if you then still have to pay even more

0 Ratings
badhatharry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 28

I’ve also been told now it’s my speed why I can’t get it but I can happily stream 4K on Netflix,amazon and Disney plus on my Xbox or tv, bit of a mess all round if you ask me

0 Ratings
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 16 of 28

It is similar for me. It just seems that it is only BT that cannot provide or guarantee 4k to as wide a range of speeds as other companies can.
0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 28

It's because of the multicast method of delivering the channels & the impact it has on being able to use other devices etc in the house hold. They just don't want to sell you something that may not work properly & lead to complaints etc

0 Ratings
badhatharry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 28

Bit point less in haveing the 4K box if I couldn’t have it in first place and only one channel anyway that supports it

0 Ratings
badhatharry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 28

Makes you wonder if anyone can even get it with such a min speed I’m on fibre 1 My speed test says 49Mb/s

0 Ratings
badhatharry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 28

138C8DC8-9E13-4AC7-B310-CBCDA9937ACB.jpeg

0 Ratings