Message 21 of 28

Re: BT Sport Ultimate

But I’m able to get it on bt sport app on Xbox
0 Ratings
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 28

That's because it is unicast not multicast (1 to 1 vs 1 to many) and it doesn't care if the rest of your household suffers because you are using the majority of the connection speed.

With BT TV it is their way of trying to manage some sort of consistent service so you can watch BT Sport Ultimate through the YouView box and potentially record another multicast delivered channel and still have some sort of basic internet service. 

kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 23 of 28

I get the whole 1 to 1 v 1 to many thing and that is good but I still do not get how I am supposed to watch the 4k channel when I am on the highest speed that BT sells and it is still not fast enough !?!
0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 28

If you were on the highest speed BT sells you wouldn't have any issues! The speeds available depend on your specific line etc so you're on the best speeds available on your line not the best speeds available from BT

0 Ratings
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 25 of 28

Well, I am not as techie as most but when ordering BT TV, you are made to run a test to see if you can receive Fibre 2 and you just get told that all is good. If there is a chance that you still cannot get the 4k channel, BT should at least warn you of that before you commit to purchase.
0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 28

It does state as follows in the terms & conditions

4K: Selected content available in 4K. Min line speed and compatible equipment required.

0 Ratings
kayjay6855
Beginner
Message 27 of 28

I am not looking to argue but, if BT run a suitability test and it comes back good, would you not reasonably assume that you had met the min line speed and compatible equipment requirements?
0 Ratings
badhatharry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 28

Basically it’s a mess one of main reasons I signed for V.I.P package was to get the 4K should of been told when I rang up and ordered 

0 Ratings