cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport Ultimate

Go to solution

Could anyone confirm that BT Sport Ultimate needs a broadband download speed of 40+ Mbps. Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport Ultimate

Go to solution

Hi, @Robh1 thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. How are you going to be watching the BT Sport Ultimate channel? There are different minimum speed requirements depending on the platform you want to view it on. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO for the quick reply.

I’d watch BT Sport on an LG Smart TV.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Given that we don't currently have a BT Sport app for the LG TV, will you be using a BT TV box? Or a different device connected to your TV?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks @DarrenDev .

I’d watch via BT TV box.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

OK, so via a BT TV box you need a "Stay fast guarantee" speed of 44Mbps.  You can view your current guaranteed speed by logging into www.bt.com/mybt and then going here: https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsmybt/#/broadband (log in first, and then go to that link, to be taken directly to the screen you need).  It'll show your current Broadband package, and a "Your speeds explained" link which then shows your guaranteed speed.

If you can't achieve that speed then you still have the option of buying a supported device and connecting it to your TV.  With any of the supported devices, they'll always aim to reach the full 4K speeds, but will drop to whatever quality is needed to avoid buffering.

Full details of the list of supported devices are here: https://www.bt.com/sport/features/watch-bt-sport-on-xbox-playstation-4-samsung-tv-and-apple-tv-with-...

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks @DarrenDev . Guaranteed speed is25Mbps. I’ve had BT Sport before and would pick it up again on a monthly basis for Premiership Rugby, Premier League and Champions League football. Would you know if sport on BT Ultimate is also generally available on one of the other BT Sport channels.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Only select events are available on BT Sport Ultimate, but when they are, they're always also shown on the regular BT Sport channels too. You'll never miss an event just because you don't have Ultimate access,
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Good news, thanks for your help.

0 Ratings