cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Sport add on - 2 different prices quoted?

Hi. If I go into the manage my add ons, I can see that BT Sport is active (which is correct) at £15.67. I also have another option to take a monthly rolling contract for BT Sport for £15. Can you clarify what the difference is between the two? Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Sport add on - 2 different prices quoted?

@GeeBee1701wrote:

Can you clarify what the difference is between the two? Thanks

There is no difference in content, BT Sport as an addon to other legacy packages is £15 (Plus the CPI changes) but you need to have a base TV plan, for example Max HD, Entertainment Plus or Starter to name a few.

Now you can move to the newish (January 2019) packages where you can have just the BT Sport pack, without the need to have a base TV plan, so to some it's cheaper per month if you don't watch/need the other channels.
The new packages are flexible once ordered (new 24 month term), you can add Sky Sports as an addon or switch to Big Sport which is better value, you can have Sky Cinema or other Sky content provided via NowTV and switch monthly, swapping content doesn't renew the minimum term, legacy packages meant a new commitment if you changed content.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I had bt sport as an add on. Was being charged £15. This went up to £15.67 in line with yearly price rise but when I go in to manage my TV add ons it looks like I can change to the £15 option. I also have the entertainment package which I took out less than a year ago. Should I select the £15 option which is listed as monthly rolling (which is what I had before) and save a few pence? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@GeeBee1701wrote:

I also have the entertainment package which I took out less than a year ago

Is it the NowTV Entertainment package or a legacy plan ? there's a difference in content.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

It's the Now TV Entertainment bundle. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I suppose it would work then, you might have to remove it and once gone add it again, if it's an addon it won't impact the contract, try it and see what happens.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks. I phoned BT and they suggested the same thing. 

0 Ratings