cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport and Chromecast not working for Live Rugby

Over the weekend BT Sport App would not let me Chromecast any live Rugby.  This happened on Saturday and Sunday. It would cast highlights broadcasts and - very strangely - it would cast Sunday evening live football - but not live Rugby. The message on the TV was not an error code, but telling me I could no longer cast and directing me to download the BT App for my Smart TV (but the Panasonic Smart TV app Store doesn't contain BT Sport). I looked for recent posts, but none specifically addressed this. Paying for BT Sport but only being able to watch on a Phone is not the best family experience.

Anyone else experience this, or know the answer?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport and Chromecast not working for Live Rugby

To add detail to my post, I tried casting from an iPhone and an iPad, both running the latest OS (14.4.2) to a genuine Chromecast connector.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

there are other similar post if you use search facility

from memory the fix was to uninstall app and then reinstall from play store

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

No need to reinstall anything.

We're investigating why Chromecast of live channels from Apple devices was triggering invalid behaviour over the weekend.  This was mitigated at around 7:30pm yesterday and will now work OK again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi - thanks for the reply. I tried that on the iPhone (by then I had reverted to watching the game on my Laptop with a HDMI Cable to the TV), but that didn't work.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

As per the sticky post at the top of the page, you can no longer use an HDMI cable to connect from a lap-top watch sport on a tv.

0 Ratings