Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musicman121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Sport and Internet Channels not working

Go to solution

Hopefully someone can help.

I had loads of issues with BT when first relocating to my new property. However by the end of August we finally fixed the issues that although my internet and BT Sports channels were correctly set up, my box needed a number of factory resets and software resets until the correct IP Config file was downloaded and I could access everything.

This time round after numerous phone call attempts and live chats, I was asked to do exactly the same thing. I was told by online Customer Support that my IP Config file (95), is too low and has to be higher for the extra channels. I told them that the previous issue that fixed it was that for some reason my IP addresses (or something related to them) made my box download an IP Config file not relevent to the full services I should have access to. A technician had to manually change something on my line so that the box would download the correct IP Config file and give me access to all the services.

Unfortunately, this time round I've got the usual questions and asked to do many restarts and reboots, software and factory resets, whilst being reassured that the issue will be fixed on their end. However after following everything to the letter, nothing changes and this time I've been told that an engineer will have to be scheduled to come out and check and will cost £129.99 if the problem is on my side - which is impossible considering internet and everything else is working perfectly.

However as a Primary school teacher, I'm out from 7am and don't get back until after 6pm which are their only scheduled times. 

Any one have any idea if there is anything I can do rather than getting out an engineer? I can watch BT Sport online, but the point is, for a service you shouldn't make do with substandard, especially after paying so much for an entire package.

If anyone can help, here are my following specs:

Unlimited Broadband Infinity 2 - Homehub 5, TV Entertainment Package.

Humax DTRT1000 YouView Box

Manufacturer software: 18.10.0

Component software: 2.5.6

Platform configuration: 1017

ISP Configuration: 95

I have 42 TV Aerial Channels and 61 Internet Channels.

I can watch 475 BT TV Preview channel which is an Internet Channel. Discovery etc.

All those channels i should have, say: Channel Not Set Up. And when you try to set up the channel now, you show an advert screen about where to go to subscribe.

Thank you to anyone that can help.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Sport and Internet Channels not working

Go to solution
Hi, please go into "settings" - "entitlement" and also what software you have on the Vision Box, something like 8.7.1E? And what channels were you watching the BT Sports channels on? And post the results.

Stew
0 Ratings
Musicman121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi StewM,

Like above, the software is still the same after another software restart,

Manufacturer software: 18.10.0

Component software: 2.5.6

Platform configuration: 1017

ISP Configuration: 95

BT Sport channels I used were, 507 and 508 for regular BT Sport 1 and 2.

And 510 and 511 for BT Sport 1 HD and BT Sport 2 HD.

They still just ask me to sign up.

As for Settings - Entitlement... I can't seem to find that menu/option on my Humax Youview Box.

When I click on the BT Vision Button, all I get are advert screens for BT TV.

Any ideas? It seems to me that BT aren't allowing me access to my package for whatever reason, even though they keep saying it is activated and has been for a month or so. 

No idea why it's stop working over the past two weeks.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Sorry, my mistake I was thinking you had a BT Vision Box - same conclusion though for some reason your account settings at BT's end are not right. I will get some help from a Mod.

Stew
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Musicman121,

I'm sorry about the problems with your Internet channels it does sound like a subscription issue and we'll be happy to help you get it sorted if you send over your BT account details using the 'contact the mods' link. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Musicman121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks Neil and Stew.
I've sent along my details. Hope you can sort it out!
Ian
0 Ratings
Musicman121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Any idea what might be happening? Do you think it's a simple fix from BT's end? I've not heard anything, so am a little concerned, especially as they previously started talking about sending an engineer!

Ian

0 Ratings
Musicman121
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hello all!

Issue finally fixed. Spoke to James who works only on high issue technical cases and says it was something specific just for my account. Apparently my account was attached to a profile for a different address - no reason why. Once changed, I've got access to everything again. 

Fingers crossed that's the last time that happens. I think a third time would make me take the hint!

Thanks to Stew and Neil for pushing for help. I really appreciate it.

Ian

PS: As an aside, I think BT Customer Support in general need to look at internal communication. It took me speaking on a forum to finally get the correct help, whereas they wanted to send out engineers to check my box which obviously would have been a massive waste of resources and time - James said it wouldn't have been something an engineer could fix on site anyway.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Glad you got it sorted.
Unfortunately the CS staff have a flow charts to follow and there isn't anyone who can step back and say, "this isn't right".

Stew
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Surely the flow charts should have a "this isn't right" box leading to escalation of the problem to second line support?
0 Ratings