Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tonywilliams
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT Sport and Silverlight

I am running Windows 8.1 and when I try ti watch BT Sport I keep being asked for Silverlight and when I try and install it I'm told it's already there. What's going on here?

Get the smae with Google Chrome

Thanks

Tony

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Daverkl
Beginner
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Sport and Silverlight

Same problem. I aop someone knows a fix

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
BobMalcolm
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Same problem missed the Villa Liverpool match as a result. On line chat to hepl was not available and the voice helpliine could not recognise what I said. What a farce!!

0 Ratings
OnFire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

The latest version of Chrome has stopped supporting Silverlight.

You need to use either Firefox or Internet Explorer to use Silverlight.

BT Sport need to start supporting HTML5, and ditch Silverlight - which is ancient and soon to be scrapped by Microsoft.

Daverkl
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

So Chrome has stopped people watching Sky go and BT on their browers. Great work Google. Nice way to push people away.

0 Ratings
tonywilliams
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Doesn't work with IE 11 on W8.1!
Tony
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 13

This thread would be more appropriate on the Watching BT Sport via the App or Online board. There's a new sticky there with a list of top tips for dealing with Silverlight issues. With respect to the suggested deletion of the PlayReady folder, the path might be C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\PlayReady and it's the mspr.hds file which needs to be deleted.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
RobSmithS
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

I am glad that the thread was started here so as those who may not otherwise look where you directed are kept informed (but also useful for you to have indicated where to find possible solutions to Silverlight issues and so forth).

0 Ratings
spaceman
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

I am on 8.1,and had the same problem.I installed 'ccleaner' and after it had deleted a few files,I uninstalled silverlight from my programmes.I then went to Microsoft.com/getsilverlight and downloaded 'silverlight'again.B T Sport is now o/k.You must use Internet Explorer.It no longer works with Google Chrome. It's worth a try.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 13

You don't have to use Internet Explorer for Silverlight - it works with Firefox and presumably other browsers. IE does seem to work more smoothly though, possibly because they're both blessed with the magic of Microsoft.Smiley Sad

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings