cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richold
Message 41 of 136

Re: BT Sport and Sky Multiroom - farcical

This whole situation is disastrous. On attempting to set up BTSports one is asked for the viewing card number, having entered this I am told its incorrect, so is the first and second line of my address. I have the card in my hand and after 25 years I know my address.

There should be a disclaimer, in a bold typeface, on the offer screen that users of Sky multiroom cannot have BTsport added to any of their Sky Boxes, not even if they only wanted to add it to their main box in the first place.

Badly thought out offer that creates discrimination.

Not a happy bunny.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 136

@richold wrote:

This whole situation is disastrous. On attempting to set up BTSports one is asked for the viewing card number, having entered this I am told its incorrect, so is the first and second line of my address. I have the card in my hand and after 25 years I know my address.

There should be a disclaimer, in a bold typeface, on the offer screen that users of Sky multiroom cannot have BTsport added to any of their Sky Boxes, not even if they only wanted to add it to their main box in the first place.

Not a happy bunny.

I have sky multiroom and added BT sports to one of my sky cards and so have many others

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
richold
Message 43 of 136

Sage

@richold wrote:

Not a happy bunny.

I have sky multiroom and added BT sports to one of my sky cards and so have many others

Smiley Frustrated

smart answer so how did you do this or is it sceret ?

0 Ratings
catterbutts
Contributor
Message 44 of 136

@richold wrote:

smart answer so how did you do this or is it sceret ?

I would guess it will depend on which card (of your Multiroom boxes) is considered to be the 'Primary'.  

An educated guess about the overall problem would be that Sky have only given BT one viewing card number per customer/address to verify against - and that would be the 'Primary' card number.  Check on MySky which card they assume to be the 'Primary' and register that with BT.

I had a similar problem (within Sky systems) a few years ago when I wanted HD on my primary box but not on the secondary box.  Unfortunately Sky assumed the old (relegated to secondary) box was the Primary box - and it took manual intervention by Sky IT Dept to swap them round. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 136

I don't know if there is a primary card with sky.  when I used the BT sign up site it asked for my sky card number and I used the one I wanted to add BT Sports.  then it verified and that was it - there was no secret

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jenkins171
Beginner
Message 46 of 136

Without the BT Sport on multi room facility I am afraid that not much of it will be watched and thus advertising numbers will suffer.  I like most Sky multi room subscribers have the usual family which want to watch different things at different times.  If I am only allowed to watch BT Sports on the main SkyHD Box in the living room then no evening primetime live sport will be watched as the wife who is in charge of viewing no matter who holds the remote will see to that.  My son (12) who was overjoyed to think that he will be able to watch baseball in the spare bedroom will be disappointed, my mother (age withheld) will not be able to watch anything from BT Sport in her annex even though she is the family sportaholic and my daughter (15) who only streams You Tube on her laptop in her room will be as usual oblivious to anything other than teenage angst.  Shame I will take BT Sport but probably will not watch much.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
catterbutts
Contributor
Message 47 of 136

We have given in and [hopefully] forced through a 'paid for' MultiRoom account as an interim measure while BT sort this out.

Apologies for the cut-and-paste (I couldn't face going all over it again here)  but the copy of my subsequent 'letter' to BT may be of interest:

---8<----

I'm sure that you are aware of the BT Sport 'Multi room' fiasco, but because our need for this is for my 92 year old father who lives with us and the Rugby season is imminent, we decided to pre-empt the eventual solution and order stand-alone BT Sport for him @ £12 per month.

This is clearly advertised in all your promotion material as being available as a chargeable service to customers who "do not have BT Broadband"  - but what a shambles in trying to order it 😞

Some weeks ago when we initially suggested this option as temporary [at our cost] work-around we were repeatedly told that this was not an option 'for existing customers'.  But after many calls, escalations to 'someone who has been trained in Sport', failed promises for a 'manager' to call back within 10 days, we eventually found someone who was prepared to RTFM and create a new 'Sport Only' account.

After several attempts and follow-up calls, we eventually received duplicate Order Confirmation email (Order No: HMNZZA005000xxxxxx) and an invitation to 'Login to MyBT'.

Purely down to a lucky guess that on setting up the new account over the phone the 'Security Question' answer had been mistranscribed into Scottish, we eventually managed to 'activate' the new account. 

Sadly, the shambles doesn't end there.  Having logged in it now transpires that we not only have a new Sport-only Account (GB1211xxxx) plus a spurious null Account ('Account Holder1') which returns "We can’t retrieve your billing information at the moment, please try again later Server Error", but we also have these hosted on a NEW 'MyBt' Account!

To avoid further confusion, please:

1) Transfer the new BT Sport account  (GB1211xxxx) to our existing 'MyBT' account which already hosts our other two accounts (WM 3311 xxxx) and (WW 2986 xxxx) 

2) Delete the spurious 'Account Holder1' account

3) Delete the duplicate 'MyBt' account

I am particularly concerned that your systems have apparently allowed TWO discrete 'MyBT' accounts to be created with the SAME email address?  This is extremely bad IT practice and should be raised immediately with your Internal Auditors.

Incidentally, the 'Print' option on this form is useless! It only creates a page dump to include the text that happens to be visible in the text box at the time and ignores the full message accessible via the scroll bars.

Please arrange for someone in authority from your IT department to contact me for.

---8<----

Having started my IT career almost 50 years ago (in Utlity Billing as it happens) I sometimes despair at the 'progress' that has been made and the basic lessons that have not been learnt in our industry.

0 Ratings
WendyWoo71
Message 48 of 136

I have just discovered that you cannot watch BT Sport on more that one sky box. How ridiculous is that. We need to set up a petition if there isn't one already.

Not Happy.

@nickrob84 wrote:

I have just read the BT Sport FAQ's and have seen that Sky Multiroom will not be supported by BT. 

I live in a house with my wife and kids and have three Sky HD boxes to accomodate everyone and pay Sky for the multiroom subscriptions. BT Sport is barely offering any more content over ESPN yet will cost me £45 (forty five!) a month for the single channel over the three boxes. ESPN provided me with the same for £7.99 a month. I can only assume BT's Sky Multiroom policy hasn't been thought through very well and will be adjusted before launch.

I know ESPN used to be provided via Sky which makes things easier and BT are handling all their own subscriptions but this is still no excuse. Premier Sports (run by Setanta and handle subs theirselves, same as BT), a channel hundreds of times on a smaller scale to BT, offers Sky Multiroom subscribers to add their extra viewing cards for an additional £1 a month. Racing UK also offer a reduced monthly fee to add multiroom boxes on Sky. So why on earth can't BT?

I certainly won't be subscribing at £45 a month (over twice the cost of Sky Sports) and will seek alternative ways to view the content unless the policy is changed. 

@nickrob84 wrote:

I have just read the BT Sport FAQ's and have seen that Sky Multiroom will not be supported by BT. 

I live in a house with my wife and kids and have three Sky HD boxes to accomodate everyone and pay Sky for the multiroom subscriptions. BT Sport is barely offering any more content over ESPN yet will cost me £45 (forty five!) a month for the single channel over the three boxes. ESPN provided me with the same for £7.99 a month. I can only assume BT's Sky Multiroom policy hasn't been thought through very well and will be adjusted before launch.

I know ESPN used to be provided via Sky which makes things easier and BT are handling all their own subscriptions but this is still no excuse. Premier Sports (run by Setanta and handle subs theirselves, same as BT), a channel hundreds of times on a smaller scale to BT, offers Sky Multiroom subscribers to add their extra viewing cards for an additional £1 a month. Racing UK also offer a reduced monthly fee to add multiroom boxes on Sky. So why on earth can't BT?

I certainly won't be subscribing at £45 a month (over twice the cost of Sky Sports) and will seek alternative ways to view the content unless the policy is changed. 

Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 49 of 136

...and send the petition to Sky to allow BT access to their multi-room system.
0 Ratings
goodkarma84
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 136

the issue is at BTs end and they have said as much when asked.

0 Ratings