cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT Sport and WWE

I suspect I may be in the minority , but isn't the term Bt Sport and WWE an oxymoron?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NigelB72
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Sport and WWE

It's sports entertainment and was also on Sky Sports. I'm guessing that you don't appreciate BT bagging the rights to one of Sky's crown jewels?? It'll will be a subscription driver for BT Sport and will bump up their overall viewing figures and make the BT TV product stronger as a whole.

0 Ratings
Standinginthesun
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

WWE call themselves "sports entertainment" and have done so since the 90s. It's recognising that it's fixed, there are "storylines" and that it's not a genuine competition. But the sports element is still important in that it requires strength, athleticism, conditioning and technical ability.

Probably the best thing to compare it with is something like figure skating or professional dancing. The "competition" element comes from being the best at putting on a show.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Guru
Message 4 of 6

@Standinginthesun I prefer to liken it to a live stunt show

0 Ratings
Standinginthesun
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Yeah that works as well, albeit one with some sort of competitive element to it.
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

So it's Strictly Come Dancing with attitude. I hope BT haven't bought up World of Sport Kent Walton's reruns!

At least it's not compulsory!

0 Ratings