cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 21 of 28

Re: BT Sport app - Amazon 4K Firestick ?

Go to solution

Could you confirm the exact model please @NigelB72 ?  It sounds like something we need to add to our test rig.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution

@DarrenDev roku 3810eu 👍

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

Sorry, I meant the TV model @NigelB72  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution

Haha it's a Sharp Aquos but I'll need to check the model where I get home in a bit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

@DarrenDev hi, the model number is LC-55UI7252K 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

Perfect, thanks.

So it turns out the reason we check for HLG support is due to a bug with Samsung TVs, where the TV reports that it's HDR capable even when HDR colour mode is turned off on that HDMI port.  This results in awful video playback when we try to give an HDR signal to a port that doesn't want it.

We were advised that the best way to detect true HDR availability was to also check HLG support, which Samsung TVs only report when the port is properly enabled.  So this is what we're doing.

We've now all agreed that this was bad advice - great for Samsung users, but potentially bad for others. We're removing the check, and looking for a better fix.  Thanks for raising it @NigelB72 

Highlighted
Expert
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

@DarrenDev glad to be of help. And thank you to yourself and the development team for listening to customer feedback. Brilliant customer service from all involved... Thanks

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

@NigelB72wrote:

@DarrenDev glad to be of help. And thank you to yourself and the development team for listening to customer feedback. Brilliant customer service from all involved... Thanks

I'd like to second that sentiment. The apps arrival on Roku (and other devices) will bring BT Sport to a wider audience, especially when HDR is active on live football etc. Keep up the good work @DarrenDev  and team.