Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 11 of 40

Re: BT Sport app Login issue (Xbox)

Go to solution

Sorry guys, we're really struggling to reproduce this issue, and also failing to find logs that would indicate why it's happening.

Could I ask anyone who is affected by this issue to please:

1. Launch the app
  2. Select the cog in the top right corner
  3. Select the "Log in" option (the assumption here is that you'll be taken to the home screen without being shown the login screen - if not, you don't have this issue so please stop here).
  4. Scroll across to Cricket
  5. In the first carousel, scroll to the right and start the free video with the title "Morgan - England have addressed 'weakest' part of their game" (you don't have to watch it all - just let it start playing).
  6. Post back here with the exact time you started the video

We will then analyse the logs to identify what is different about the affected devices.

Thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
JPSlatts
Beginner
Message 12 of 40

Go to solution
Done at 10.49. I can watch the video obviously as it's free.
0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 13 of 40

Go to solution

Just to update everyone on this ... we've found the fault, and we're working on a fix as quick as we can. The aim is get it out there later today, as soon as we're happy that it's thoroughly tested.

For anyone who is interested:

The issue occurs when the BT Sport app has previously been logged into with an account that wasn't, or is no longer entitled to log into the app.  These credentials remain stored on the device, even if the app is reinstalled.

The app is failing to recognise the failed login, and is getting stuck in limbo between thinking it has valid credentials (so doesn't show the login screen), but then failing to recognise the lack of subscription (so doesn't let you play the video).

DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 14 of 40

Go to solution

OK guys, that's it now fixed! You'll probably see an ID153 error appear on screen, but you'll then be able to enter your correct login details.

We'll release another fix next week to show ID003 instead, which is the proper error for an account that doesn't have a current subscription.

Could someone please confirm that it's working OK, so I can go have a beer and chill for the evening?

0 Ratings
JPSlatts
Beginner
Message 15 of 40

Go to solution

Absolutely top man, all sorted! Just in time for Leeds Villa too. Enjoy the well earned beer, I'd buy you one if I could! 

0 Ratings
akrite
Beginner
Message 16 of 40

Go to solution

Hi,

I can see this was solved yesterday im receiving the same error today on my firestick Code ID153.

I want to purchase UFC 254 tonight so could do with this being resolved asap if possible

Thanks

Scott

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 40

Go to solution

Jusy a fyi the box office app has a separate login & can be bought here https://www.bt.com/sport/box-office/

0 Ratings
akrite
Beginner
Message 18 of 40

Go to solution

So i will not be able to log into the app on the firestick & watch the event through my tv?

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 19 of 40

Go to solution

Afraid so @akrite - BT Sport Box Office is unfortunately provided by a third party and not possible to watch on any of our BT Sport apps.

0 Ratings
Beagle53
Beginner
Message 20 of 40

Go to solution

I’m receiving this error (ID153) on my tv app and it will not let me log in

0 Ratings