cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Sport app VC019 error on NVIDIA Shield Pro

As subject - connected via Ethernet. - Broadband  speed test showing no issues-  but app crashing regularly with a VC019 error. Can be watching the game solidly for half an hour - then boom. Pretty infuriating!

Also sound dropouts, and once even crashing back to Shield Home menu without any error code.  Have restarted app -happening two FE3953B5-1DD8-4C8F-AED8-59E9274CABA7.jpegnight running. 

The Shield’s BT Sport app is the issue - I watch entire movies via Prime Video, Netflix and Disney+ with no issues at all. 

I could delete and reinstall the app - any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Sport app VC019 error on NVIDIA Shield Pro

I'm having the same issue on Nvidia shield pro... All other apps work fine. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling, swapping between ethernet/wifi. On demand videos work fine, but streaming live games (premier league, champions league, europe league) just doesn't work anymore... Have had this issue for over a month now...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Is it VC019 you're seeing @hhaammzzaa2 or VC011D?

The most common reason for failure on the NVIDIA Shield devices is HDCP error - the connection between it and the TV isn't secure.  This will block our live content from being played, as it's all content protected.  You'll most likely find other apps will fail too (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc).

We're working to improve the errors so that we can provide better information on failure.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I get the same issue on both my shields on the upstairs and downstairs TV. If I reboot the shield the BT app will stream straight away. I wonder if the issue is related to shield going into sleep/standby mode and then on resume the BT app won't stream without error.

0 Ratings