cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

BT Sport app not working Firestick

Go to solution

Hi there

I can’t get my BT sport app to work on my Firestick.

I have:

1 - updated Firestick to latest software

2 - uninstalled and reinstalled app

3 - reset my router

Can you please help?

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: BT Sport app not working Firestick

Go to solution

What do you mean when you say it doesn't work? Do you see an error?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 30

Go to solution

It tries to load… the 3 dots bounce at the bottom. But nothing…

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 30

Go to solution

We've yet to work out why this happens - it's supposed to time out and show a message if it can't load. Could you try rebooting your Fire Stick and internet router though please - this usually fixes it 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 30

Go to solution

Hi Darren

i have actually done both those things as I read through another forum on the same issue from 2 years ago!!

anything else you can suggest?

To confirm I have already:

Updated Firestick software, rebooted Firestick, uninstalled and reinstalled BT Sport app, and rebooted Wi-Fi router. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 30

Go to solution
Unfortunately, I'm currently unable to get any more information about why your device is failing to load correctly - unless it shows the error, I have no way to track the issue.
In the current app, there's a tiny gap between my code thinking the app has loaded and the app actually loading. Your device is somehow getting stuck in that bit.
I've just released a new version of the app to our test team to completely close this gap. With the new version, either the menu/login screen will appear or an error will, with a code that allows me to track it.

It'll be released for Android TVs on Sunday evening. Amazon devices can sometimes take 2-3 days longer to receive the update.

Once you have the update, we can then hopefully identify why you're unable to use the app.

Sorry that I can't offer anything quicker than that. Let me know if you manage to fix it before the app update is released.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 30

Go to solution

@KatBrinsley1 the app update is finally available for your device. Has it started working for you yet?  If not, try the update and let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

Go to solution

Hi Darren,

thanks for the reply, I will def update the app.

I did find the problem was due to having a VPN however, as soon as I disconnected from that it worked. Maybe something to add to your “have you tried” list for the future?

many thanks for you help and for coming back to me

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 30

Go to solution
A VPN shouldn't prevent the app from loading (but it will block video from playing) so if you don't mind, I'd still really appreciate knowing whether the update has fixed or changed that behaviour?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

Go to solution

Hi @DarrenDev,

Sorry for the necromancy, but I’m having the same problem - when I select a programme or channel, I get three bouncing dots as if it’s loading and then it punts me back to the screen I was on.

All software up to date, I’ve restarted both my router and my fire stick. I’m stuck in bed with COVID and I’d really like to watch tonight’s champions league games!

0 Ratings