Re: BT Sport app not working Firestick

Go to solution

@Yaya972 I've replied on the other thread you also posted to

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

Go to solution

Hi,

Ive installed the app on my 3rd gen stick, when i try to launch it, i get the 3 dots and then a no internet error, its a new stick totally up to date and have internet because i just downloaded the app!

Error/ messages on the screen as follows:

bottom left: 1.2.0

center: internet unavailable please check you internet connection and try again.

bottom right: ref 7c92_62c6

Appreciate any help!

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Unfortunately that error message means that we asked the device if it was connected to the internet, and it said no.

I've just checked our logs, and can confirm that your device (ref 7c92_62c6) definitely hasn't contacted our servers.

Is it a normal device? No VPN? Nothing special about the internet connection?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

Same issue. FS Gen1 shows 'Internet timed out' despite:

1) rebooting the FS

2) rebooting the Router

3) uninstalling and reinstalling the App

4) no VPN on this model, too much for it to deal with!

5) other 'difficult' apps (e.g. Discovery+) running well

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

Fortunately the "Internet timed out" error is slightly better - it means it can see the internet, but data isn't coming through quick enough.  Have you tried the retry button?

If you let me know the reference, it should hopefully have submitted a report to us detailing exactly what timed out.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution
eaac_1c04. Thank you.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

OK, so your device is reaching our servers but then taking a very long time to get responses.

How is your device connected? Logs mention "Summer house" but I'm not sure if this is the device name or the wifi name? Are you using any powerline adaptors or wifi repeaters? If so, could you try rebooting those too?  Or whatever else is between your Fire stick and the internet.

You're definitely not experiencing any errors behind the scenes - just really slow traffic.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 30

Go to solution
thanks. It is an extension using the house wiring from the primary router so there is the potential for drop-off. The 'however' is that a Gen 3 FS and x2 Roku sticks work just fine. With the Gen1 FS it is only BT which is problematic. I'll reboot the system and see what happens.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution
system rebooted, it does now connect but the connection appears to be fragile. I can only guess that BT Sport is more demanding of the streaming stick than other channels, and that a FS Gen1 is struggling to keep up when the signal is corroded, even if the system shows that both strength and quality of the wifi signal are 'Very Good'
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution
If it struggles to even launch the app, I'm worried it's not going to be that great at playing video. Have you checked? If you select the cog in the top right corner, you'll see the device checker which will give you an idea of what it'll be capable of.
0 Ratings