cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Sport app not working on NVIDIA Shield Pro

Go to solution

Just bought a NVIDIA Shield Pro  - app installs but takes ages to do anything with three bouncing dots then comes back empty of content with the message - “ It looks like there is nothing to see here right now, come back later”. Huh?

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled - no difference. No problem with any other app. Shield is updated to latest version  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Sport app not working on NVIDIA Shield Pro

Go to solution

Any chance you could post a photo please? This isn't something I've ever heard of or seen.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Now not even getting past this. 

B507D44A-5E47-48D6-A6B3-6C6A8DE085BD.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Could you please press back from there until the app quits (don't use any other keys to exit the app). Then launch it again.

There's a failsafe in the launch process that should show a message if the app hasn't fully loaded within 30 seconds. I'm baffled as to why you're getting stuck.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I’m baffled too! I just watched a film on the Shield and it’s fine. Just tried BT Sport again - and this time it loaded quickly - to the attached pic- as I mentioned earlier.  Pressed back button and relaunched to get the same. Really weird. As it starts to launch it says “optimising display”. I’m running it through a projector - could there be some weird HDCP issue? 3277AE75-04D4-46B0-9BF4-38555BF1E614.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

What you're seeing there is the app has successfully loaded, but it has failed to pull down any images, and the calls to retrieve the product catalogue have failed.

All signs here are pointing to an unreliable internet connection.  I know you say you've played a movie successfully though, so it's possibly just an issue with the connection between you and our servers.

Who provides your internet? Is there any way to move your Android TV and router as close to each other as possible (even temporarily) to remove any chance of poor signal or interference?

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

You've helped me solve it! I switched to Ethernet and it just worked as expected! It’s so odd as the Shield is sitting right next to the access point - and I had no problems streaming a movie in 4K HDR. Is Disney+.

Now switched back to Wi-Fi and it’s still fine. Just wouldn’t make that first connection over Wi-Fi. I have a switch arriving tomorrow so I’ll be going back to Ethernet but thanks for making me try that to get it to work. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
OK great, thanks for the update.
I'm working on an app update just now that adds more detail to our logs so that I can investigate issues like this in more detail in future. Let me know if it happens again, so that I can put it to test.
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Will do, thanks.
0 Ratings