cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

BT Sport app not working on Samsung TV

For some reason, 2 days ago the BT Sport app stopped working. You click on it and it doesn't open, just takes me back to the Samsung home screen. I've deleted it, reinstalled it same problem. Can anyone help as there is nothing online that I haven't tried..

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: BT Sport app not working on Samsung TV

Sorry to state the obvious, but have you tried rebooting your TV by holding down the power button until the standby light turns off?
Also, do other apps work ok still?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Yes, all other apps work fine. Rebooted TV, checked latest software too. Doesn't make sense tbh

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

I've talked this through with the dev team this morning @rfarragher and unfortunately they cannot explain it. We don't get any logs from Samsung that might help us understand what's going on with your TV.

The only suggestion they have made is that you try a factory reset of the TV.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Hi all,

I have the same problem with my Samsung TV - so do other people I know. Factory reset with the TV does not work I have tried that.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

Hi, the app works fine on my Samsung TV. Perhaps it is certain models?

Stew

Message 7 of 22

Interesting to know thanks! This is a Sony Bravia (2020) 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

This forum is the only place we've seen any reports of this issue so far. We have Samsung TVs from every year since 2015 across the ranges, and none of our devices are failing. This makes it very hard for us to identify.
If we could get exact model numbers of affected TVs, it'd be really appreciated.

Also, can I just check the behaviour is the same for everyone - select the BT Sport app and what exactly happens? Does the BT Sport logo appear full screen? Is anything else seen?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 22

Could how the TV is connected to the router be a factor as it so often is for Youview box problems? Ethernet cable or powerline adaptors?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

If it were just a connectivity issue, it should show a "Sorry, there's been a problem" message on screen.
0 Ratings