Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
markob53
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport app on Samsung Smart TV awful picture quality

Just bought a new Samsung TV (UE43RU7100) and was excited to install the BT Sport app and watch sport on the TV (vs the PC app) and the quality is absolutely awful, it looks worse than SD honestly, certainly not HD.

I have Fibre 2 over wi-fi but i know it's nothing to do with that seeing as though i can stream HD and 4k content on YouTube with no issue, no settings in the app  either to change the quality (the PC version has a slider to allow HD streaming)

Is the quality of the app purposefully this bad to force people to purchase BT TV?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport app on Samsung Smart TV awful picture quality

@markob53 wrote:

Is the quality of the app purposefully this bad to force people to purchase BT TV?

Probably not seeing that the app works well with my few-years-old Panasonic via Chromecast or HDMI.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Hi @markob53  As I also have BT TV I don’t watch on the Samsung Tv   Bt Sport  app all the time.

I do however find though that the live channel broadcasts quality  on the Samsung Tv  BT Sport app to be impressive , 

is the content you have issues with live channels , catch-up  programmes or short features ?

Also be aware that  some of your Samsung Tv settings maybe impacting your viewing 

see

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/BT-Sport-app-on-Samsung-Smart-TV-picture...

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

It takes nearly 15 seconds before the app settles on the best picture quality, recorded and live, but when it does the quality looks good on my Samsung Series 7.

0 Ratings
DirectorsScarf
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

What picture mode have you got it in. Natural is way too dark on my Samsung in the app with HDR content.

0 Ratings